“There are better choices out there”
Review of Blimpie - CLOSED

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast Food
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My Girl Scout Troop ate lunch here when we visited The Birthplace. Everything was ready and waiting for us when we got there, bonus. The quality was so-so. Salad choices were almost only lettuce. Sodas were small and refills cost .25. I think we will choose a different lunch option next time we visit.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

My Girl Scout troop had an entire day planned at the Juliette Gordon Low house, and following the recommendations of the JGL materials that we plan lunch before arriving, I made arrangements in advance to have lunches ready at Blimpie.

The good:
* Blimpie was located close to the JGL house, as advertised, so it was very easy to go over there and get our lunches.
* The Girl Scout special lunches themselves were good. Solid, no nonsense sandwiches, chips, drink.
* They got our order *mostly* right.
* Everything was ready and waiting for us on time when we arrived.
* The price of the GS special was definitely attractive.

The bad:
* I had a heck of a time communicating with the people at the restaurant. I tried calling, but had difficulty with them on the phone. Finally I found an e-mail order form, and I scanned the completed forms with our orders and e-mailed it back to Blimpie, but never got any confirmation. I was getting very concerned. I tried calling; no luck. Finally, I just hoped that they had received our order and we went there during our break with our fingers crossed. Lo and behold--they had our order ready and even had each person's sandwich marked.
* The Girl Scout special is a little skimpy for Cadette Girl Scouts (ages 11/12). But we supplemented with ice cream at Leopold's afterwards.

I can recommend Blimpie, particularly to any Girl Scout leaders looking for a Birthplace lunch.