“Great food”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers was founded in 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia. This franchise, operated under Home-Grown Industries of Georgia, Inc., is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. For 41 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family-friendly environment. Each Mellow is locally owned and operated and provides a unique feel focused around great customer service and high-quality food. Mellow Mushroom’s menu showcases natural flavors and the freshest of ingredients in a creative menu assortment of pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones, appetizers and vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free crust and a kids menu are also available. Mellow Mushroom is more than just awesome pizza and craft beer; it is a state of mind. There is also craft apparel. House of Shroom style, Mellow Mushroom’s exclusive apparel line, is available for purchase in store or online.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Food was great. Place is a bit noisy and bathrooms a bit dirty, probably because it was quite busy. Overall good place to eat quick.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

In haven't been to Pizza Hut since I stopped wearing diapers, but this place would be frequently visited if it were in New Jersey! Who doesn't want a solid pizza accompanied by a hoppy selection of craft beer? I'm bent on opening one in the North, do the Italians better watch out for their monopoly on the holy pie!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Love the outdoor seating. It has wonderful pizzas and salads but I can't get past the steak calzone!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Mellow Mushroom is a franchise, and I generally prefer to go to unique local establishments on business trips. My expectations were for perfectly adequate food, but it was better than that. The kosmic karma pizza was what I might expect in an "artisinal" pizzeria -- nice combination of ingredients with pesto, sundried tomatoes, feta, sauce and mozzarella. And a really nice crust. I also had a salad that made eating baby spinach quite bearable, covered as it was in toasted pecans, dried cherries and feta, with bite-size chunks of apple (no cutting required with a knife and fork, which is one of my criteria for a good salad). No skimping on ingredients.
I even indulged in dessert -- key lime pie. This was quite delicious. It was kind of like a 'personal pie' in that it wasn't a wedge, but it's own little pie, and just the right size for a little not-too-sweet treat. For those who prefer their sweets over the top, there were several chocolate items available as well as a simple scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I thought the wine serving was a little skimpy. I would have preferred a more generous pour, but for $6 I can't complain too much.
The menu has plenty of choices for pizza and non-pizza eaters, and I expect that picky pizza eaters will also find choices to satisfy.
The bar area has several TV's with sports (sigh). The atmosphere is clean, contemporary, but not austere. For someone who prefers to be able to read (on actual paper), the lighting was just right -- not glaringly bright, but not so dim that it was a strain.
At this particular location, I found the service to be very good, although slightly uneven. They were very solicitous at times, and yet, when I was clearly finished, still had to ask for a check. But my interactions with three staff were all very friendly.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We ordered the Buffalo Chicken pizza for pick up since our hotel is close by. The young lady that answered the phone was pleasant and this service continued when my husband picked up the pizza. It was ready in less than 30 minutes. We ordered the medium to split and wished we had only ordered the small. It was a very decent sized pizza. It was also very good. Lots of flavor and good crust...which in my opinion is a must. I can see us ordering from them again.