“Great for veggies and non-veggies.”
Review of Kayak Kafe

Kayak Kafe
Ranked #38 of 887 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Loved the black eyed pea burger! Everything was fresh and delicious. We will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Kayak Cafe Savannah
We wondered why this elusive unpretentious Cafe held such a great reputation and having made the mistake of visiting it around 1pm and finding people lining up for a table we decided to make sure to get there early the following day to find out what all the fuss was about.
This place sits beneath what we believed to be an office block and also doubles up as Gym which is situated through the restaurant and out to the back. The staff are fresh faced and oh so friendly and the service is exemplary with nothing being too much trouble although you may have to wait while they freshly prepare your meal but it's worth it.
The menu is Salads, Sandwiches, and Tacos etc and all are served creatively and to perfection, the Black Eyed Pea Burger was fabulous as was the Roasted Lime Chicken Taco. The Olympic Greek Salad was probably the best I have tasted outside of Athens and simply burst with flavours, the olives being of a simply superb quality.
They stock a great selection of bottled beers and serve them cold as ice which was a blessing on the hot humid day that we dined there. They also serve a small range of fresh baked cookies and brownies which we just had to try, and guess what they didn't disappoint one bit.
My tip is get there early and sit inside if you can.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We wanted something quick, healthy and light. Salad options are great and a small is big enough! Tacos are 3 for $11, more than I'm used to paying for tacos, but good. We ate here twice.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was brought here for a small gathering of girl friends and NEVER would have expected the quality and quantity of the food by looking at the store front. I ordered the Broughton Cobb salad and it arrived on a HUGE plate piled high with fresh ingredients. My eyes told me I would never be able to finish it, but apparently my stomach did what it had to make room because by the time I looked up again at my friends my plate was empty! Great service, great food, great prices. Loved it!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This "kafe" is a surprising gem right on one of the main streets in Savannah. The nicely decorated spot is in the front of a private gym but the food is awesome: fresh, beautifully presented, large amounts. My daughter and I split the Caribbean tacos and curried chicken salad. Service was very quick and pleasant. Interesting menu. There is outside seating but consider the weather!