“Outside at the Kayak in Savannah Georgia”
Review of Kayak Kafe

Kayak Kafe
Ranked #46 of 904 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Lovely day in Savannah and had a delicious salad! with a great glass of wine. Our server, Larla Wirtz, was the best! friendly, efficient and helpful. Only complaint was that I had asked to replace the walnuts wtih pecans, and this was not done. Otherwise, highly recommend this restaurant, with a great healthy menu! Mary Ann

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I would never have come here if it weren't for TripAdvisor. I thought it would be some vegetarian, salady place...boring! After reading reviews here I decided to give it a whirl... I got the Pork Tacos on corn tortillas and they were SO FREAKING DELICIOUS!!! Really fresh pineapple and other toppings (avocado, etc). My buddy had the Mexican salad with chicken and loved every minute of it...Yes, they have loads of veggie options but there are PLENTY of options for us carnivores too, and tasty ones to boot. Service was friendly and efficient and they have tables outside overlooking the busy Historic district. Not to be missed!

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The motto on the window reads "fast, fresh and friendly". The shrimp tacos were delicious when we got them, but it took about 1/2 an hour to get our food after we ordered, which is not fast when you have three hungry kids. A good place for tacos if you are not in a hurry.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The tofu tacos are very tasty. Quite a few veggie choices. Staff is very friendly and the location is great.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The fresh ingredients mentioned by other reviewers appealed to us, so we stopped for a late 4PM lunch on Sunday. Seating was immediately available at a sidewalk table and service was quite prompt. My wife and I each ordered salads. My cobb salad, something I routinely order was uninspired; lacking a few traditional ingredients and lacking much flavor. My wife's vegetarian was terrific; quite unusual and tasty with homemade hummus and tebbouleh. We recommend this place and would steer towards the opportunities on the menu for something creative.