“Yummy and Healthy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kayak Kafe
Ranked #30 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Soups, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yummy and Healthy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

You could easily miss this place, so keep an eye out. Everything looks so good. I ordered the black-eyed pea burger, which was ok (longest thing to cook on the menu), and my boyfriend ordered the famous fish tacos. Next time I'll stick with the tacos or a salad.

Gainesville, Florida
“Yummy Vegetarian Burrito!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband, sister, and I went for lunch on a Friday afternoon and had a really lovely time. We got there just before the rush and had our choice of seats. I ordered the tofu vegetarian burrito and it was excellent. I usually stray away from tofu, even though I am a vegetarian, because the texture gets weird if it is not cooked right, but they really knew what they were doing. The burrito was very flavorful and the tofu was really yummy with the sauce. It also came with coleslaw but I did not care for it. My husband ordered the tomato soup and said it was good as well. It's a great place for lunch while strolling down the shops in Savannah, but try to get there before their rush as they have limited seating.

Columbus, Georgia
“Nice Change of Pace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is the perfect restaurant after indulging in the rich food of Savannah for days. The kids (13 & 10) cleaned out the adult portions of Wild Ga Shrimp & Avocado and Tilapia Tacos. My husband and I shared the Vegetarian Salad. The homemade hummus was excellent. All the vegetables were fresh. Olives were good too. I can see why Kayak Kafe won the Best Salad Award. Other people from our party seemed to enjoyed their food also. The only drawback is the restaurant has only one restroom. The line can get long, especially when you have a large party.

• Visited February 2013
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Stick with the Tacos or Salads”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Ordered a Spicy Jerk Chicken Panini this past Sat. for Lunch When I got the Panni it looked like all bread. I opened the bread to see where the chicken was and there were 2 chicken pieces about the size of a dime. I should have sent it back. Yes, the food looks good coming out of the kitchen. This was my second visit to the restaurant and I had bragged about the place to my husband. I guess we will not be going back. Very disappointed. Homeless people walking throught the restaurant handing out paper something in exchange for money? Surprised this would be allowed. Annoying!!! Sadly Disappointed.
They way they decide to seat you is unorganized. Who's Next????
Won't be back.

2 Thank cartermac
kayak1, Owner at Kayak Kafe, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the amount of sliced chicken on your Jerk Panini- a sandwich that continuously draws rave reviews. Obviously yours had a glitch. And regardless of whether your description of the chicken as "the size of a dime" is a gross exaggeration or not, we are put in an awful position in that you never told us there was a problem. We obviously serve many, many people each day and judging by our reviews, satisfy most patrons- including you on your last visit- and we do thank you for your previous 5-star review!!! But mistakes do happen, and we do everything we can to fix them and satisfy you. How can we do this if we dont know there is a problem? Also, as to our "unorganized" seating on what was a record Saturday, the waitresses take your name and keep it on a list and then we find you when a table is available.
NC
“Healthy and quick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This casual restaurant in front of a health club didn't look like much, but it was a lucky find in the middle of stuffy expensive restaurants swimming in shrimp and grits. The tilapia tacos were amazing and the counter service was friendly. Definitely recommend of you're looking for a healthier alternative.