“Good Take Out”

Zunzi's Take Out
Ranked #5 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, African, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Good Take Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited Savannah and heard great things about Zunzi's. We both had the Gyro wrap and it was fantastic. We ate in the square 100 yds away, great place to sit and enjoy a casual lunch among the Oaks. We arrived at 11:15, be prepared for long lines, popular place, great food. Heard customers in line boasting about this restaurants food and variety. Tables on sidewalk only.

1 Thank Ken V

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Long wait, but good food and friendly service. They need more tables.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We visited on a recommendation that we "must go," but honestly I think there are better dining experiences in the city! Line was long, but the staff is very friendly and helpful. The few tables they had (outside in the heat - no indoor seating. Or indoor waiting for that matter) were full, so we walked down to the nearest square (less than a block) and ate under the Spanish moss. Nicer setting than the tables at Zunzi's! I had the falafel which was delicious and you MUST have the African tea - much tastier than the sweet tea everyone serves in the South!
If you have young kids that can't wait, I'd find someplace else!

• Visited June 2014
Florence, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews my husband and I made plans to eat lunch here. We were expecting awesome, but received mediocre. The staff was friendly, but the cleanliness left a little to be desired. As the young man chopped the chicken for the infamous Conquistador, I remember looking at the chopping board and thinking that chopping board looks filthy. Both sandwiches we ordered were drowned in sauces with the bread really being the star. Overall we were left wondering where the "fabulous" sandwiches were.

Savannah, Georgia
“Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

You can't go wrong with anything here. I love the fish deck sandwhich but it is all so good. And as my little one would say, SHEET YAH.

• Visited June 2014
“Gluten Free HEAVEN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband has a hard time finding places to eat for lunch as he is allergic to gluten. When we out found this restaurant had gluten free sandwiches we were there. We were not disappointed. Everyone's sandwich was delicious and the sauces were amazing too. The staff was very polite and the atmosphere was fun. I can't wait to visit again!

• Visited March 2014