“Gluten Free HEAVEN!”

Zunzi's Take Out
Ranked #7 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, African
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband has a hard time finding places to eat for lunch as he is allergic to gluten. When we out found this restaurant had gluten free sandwiches we were there. We were not disappointed. Everyone's sandwich was delicious and the sauces were amazing too. The staff was very polite and the atmosphere was fun. I can't wait to visit again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,620)

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We tried and shared 4 different sandwiches and a plentiful order of hummus and Everything was extremely good. The guys that prepared the sandwiches and the cashier were extremely nice and helpful. They have a few tables and chairs with umbrellas in the back so you can enjoy your sandwiches or just in walk distance a nice shaded park. Go there you will not regret!!

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Hummus was great. Portobello sub was a little heavy on the soy sauce for my taste, but otherwise it was good. Great, friendly staff. Good lunch spot, $29 for 2 sandwiches & hummus plus two drinks. Nice quick lunch spot.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I heard about Zunzi's when Adam Richman featured this place on his Best Sandwich In America show on The Travel Channel. When my wife and I decided to go to Savannah this past week, I knew I had to try The Conquistador. All I can say is, if I am ever on death row, I have found my last meal. The sandwich lived up to and exceeded my expectations. Everything from the bread and chicken, down to the lettuce and tomato used were outstanding. The combination of the 2 sauces they use on the sandwich was the perfect compliment to what was already one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten in my life. And on the plus side, the people that worked there were all very friendly, which made the whole experience just that much better.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Read reviews of Zunzi's sandwiches and went to try them. We stumbled upon the take out around 3 pm instead of the sit in restaurant (opens at 4 pm). There was no line and the staff was extremely friendly. We were offered samples of the chicken and the smoked sausage. We ordered The Conquistador, The Godfather, and the Chicken Wrap. The chicken is juicy and delicious, and the sauce makes the sandwich memorable. The price is steep for sandwiches, but they are tasty.