“First meal, first trip to Savannah”
Review of Zunzi's Take Out

Zunzi's Take Out
Ranked #7 of 864 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, African, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Sc
“First meal, first trip to Savannah”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Zunzi's 2, their new sit-down restaurant, and would gladly go back again. We split the Godfather sandwich with homemade sausage--amazing, and more than enough for us. Highly recommend you try it!

Visited November 2013

Kingsford
“Wow”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We dined at Zunzi's the new location. We did not get a chance to try this one, but they have a new Zunzi's right behind outback steakhouse and the are open for dinner. We went for happy hour and the have 2 dollar beers, not the cheap beer good ones like stella and so on. They have a dining area downstairs by the bar and a outside rooftop patio for dining. We went upstairs to the rooftop for our meal. We both had wonderful sandwiches that were top sellers in the other Zunzi's I think we had a godfather sandwich and one other one. Both were wonderfull and the atmosphere is great, very friendly staff and they have bands in the evening as well. Great little find, found it on our way to the pink house.

• Visited September 2013
“Give it a try”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Highly anticipated coming here b/c of excellent reviews & locals recommendations. We decided to go rogue & ordered burgers instead of menu staples like the God Father & Conquistador. Hubby had the big boy burger and I had the smaller version. The big boy burger was over cooked & not much bigger than a Big Mac. The smaller burger was cooked fine & tasted great. Yes there was a long wait in line & a long wait once you ordered certain items but the staff was highly efficient & extremely friendly. It was a neat experience. Next time we will stick with the popular items

Visited November 2013
Bellmawr, New Jersey
“Must try”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have visited Savannah 4 times. I made it a point this time to go to Zunzi's. I was not disappointed. It is a very busy place so be patient. I ordered the falafel.I had to wait about 10 minutes but it was well worth it. It was made fresh and I couldn't wait to get back to my hotel to eat it. All I can say is it was fantastic !!! One of the best meals I had in Savannah.

• Visited September 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Maybe not one of the best meals, but definitely one of the best sandwiches”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I mean, how do you not give this place 5 stars? The only problem with this place - and I'll follow my running Savannah bad management theme here - is that they are immensely popular, but only have a few tables out in the parking area to sit at. They advertise their second location at the front door, which has greater seating options, but the problem is the line stretches so far that by the time you get to the door, you've already been waiting 20 minutes and its almost your turn. Here's some suggestions - (a) buy one of those sandwich boards and put it on the sidewalk with an advertisement for your second location and/or (b) rent a couple of the parking spaces in that lot and add tables.

But really, who cares? This is Savannah, there are parks around every corner. Grab your sandwich and go sit in a park.

So I waited and was a little iffy with what I was going to get. I knew I'd get the godfather, but how good would it be? The godfather is a baked chicken and sausage (smoked or homemade, but get the smoked - its 1000x better) on a French hoagie roll with cheese and your choice of a marinara or Parmesan cheese sauce or both. Get both. I added a little of the hot sauce or whatever it was on the counter top.

This is by far the messiest sandwich you will ever eat. It is huge and drips all over the place. You know what else? It's among the best sandwiches you will ever eat. No wonder this place is so popular. I could have eaten 2 of them; no, no, I couldn't, but I would have tried and died trying. Dear lord, it was delicious.

A couple of items - like my girlfriend's portabello sandwich (which she loved, too, by the way) take 8-10 minutes because they cook them when you order. My chicken was a hot sandwich - the chicken and sausage were hot - but the chicken breast and sausage were precooked and kept warm. But for those items, it will be a bit of a pain to stand in line for 20 minutes then wait another 10. But if those items are anything like the godfather, it's totally worth it. That said, unless you're a vegetarian like my girlfriend, you are [--]crazy if you don't get the godfather.

• Visited November 2013