“One for the road”

Zunzi's Take Out
Ranked #4 of 880 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, African
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Marietta, Georgia
“One for the road”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Friends had recomended we grab a Conquistador at the Zunzi on Drayton but they were closed on Monday as we were leaving for home in Atlanta. Fortunately my BlackBerry directed me to this one. I was surprised that at 3:00 there was a line 4 to 5 deep which I guess is a good sign. Someone ahead of us ordered a Godfather and my wife said that looked like a great sandwich to share. We ate it in the car using a fork and it was extremely tasty. The special secret sauces were great. I would stop again.

Asheville, North Carolina
“The Best”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

By far my favorite restaurant I went too in Savannah! Ended up going twice while on my trip. Try the Oliver's Lunch or the salmon!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Quick and Good”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We are very happy that we visited Zunzi's. We visited on a Tuesday in early October. Well after the tourist season. There was no line. Three ordered the Conquistador. They were ready in seconds. The fourth order was the Fisherman's Deck. It was cooked to order so there was a small wait. All sandwich's were great. The sauce was fantastic. We will be back.

• Visited October 2013
washington, michigan
“Great sandwiches, good quality, funky atmosphere”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Really good sandwiches. You get a lot for your money. Be prepared to come with a big appetite. The sauce is well balanced on the chicken sandwiches. Not too spicy or bland. This is a hard balance to achieve. I would highly recommend this is a stop for lunch

New York City, New York
“Prepare your mouth for heaven.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I will forewarn, as many others may have said - but 90% of the time you go here, there is a wait line. Though honestly, I have never felt it as a bad thing. The food is WELL WORTH IT and I've met so really interesting people who are trying Zunzis for the first time and the people that work behind the counter are always sweet and know what they're doing, it all just puts a smile on my face. Wait through the line for a couple minutes, chat up a new friend and get the Conquistador!! It'll be one of your best memories of your time in Savannah.

• Visited May 2013