“A fun local place!”

Zunzi's Take Out
Ranked #7 of 895 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, African
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went on a weekday about 11:30 and no line! Had the Conquistador and it was more than enough for two. I ate at the park just down the street and fed the birds what I could not eat. It was very good would return. It's what I like to find as I travel, a small local place with good food and eating at the park just added to the experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,621)

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for lunch one week day about 1:30, and the line was short. We got a table for 4 outside. I had Oliver's Lunch to avoid having bread, and it was absolutely wonderful. Others had the sandwiches mentioned here in other reviews - all fantastic! And then we got to meet and chat with Gabby, one of the owners. If we ever get back to Savannah, we will most definitely return. What an amazing restaurant, run by the nicest people!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This was the cheapest meal we had and also the best. It's an interesting blend of spices unlike anything you can get elsewhere. It's a take out place with a few tables in the parking lot next door. We took our food and ate in the park close by. I will return here.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a tiny "hole-in-the-wall" take out place but the food is great. Apparently they have a few tables out back but we chose to walk the half block down to the square and eat on one of the benches there.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went on a Friday, at the end of May, 2013, around 1:00 p.m.
It was a 30 minute wait on the sidewalk, in the sun.
I ordered the conquistador sandwich. It was good, but I do not think it was worth waiting 30 minutes for.
It was a chicken sandwich, with lettuce, tomato, and their special sauce.
I also ordered the African grey tea, which had some vanilla and coconut flavoring to it. It cost $2.85 for a 32oz. drink.
They offer other food, besides sandwiches, like lasagna.

There's no place to sit inside, but one of the town squares is just around the corner and offers park benches and some shade.

If you don't have to wait in a long line, I would stop by for the novelty of it and it is a good sandwich. But again, I don't think it's worth a 30 minute wait in the sun.