“Conquistador & Godfather both excellent choices”
Review of Zunzi's Take Out

Zunzi's Take Out
Ranked #5 of 871 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, African
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cleveland, Ohio
“Conquistador & Godfather both excellent choices”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Thank you Tripadvisor reviewers for such an excellent recommendation! Zunzi’s was a place we ate at twice, but wish we would have eaten there even more. Not only could we easily split a sandwich, but it was reasonably priced and extra delicious. Exclusively available for take-out, both times we visited the line was out the door, but the line moved quickly and was worth every second and more. First, we had to try the Conquistador. Wow. Tons of chicken, lettuce and their super special sauce. It was that good. On our second visit we ordered the Godfather, which was similar to The Conquistador, but added kielbasa, cheese and marinara sauce. Take my advise and go!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank mousemott

Blairsville, Georgia
“A new and lovely experience!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am an avid watcher of The Travel Channel, and I saw Zunzi's on Best Sandwich in America.. and I put it on my bucket list to try this Conquistador sandwich. Well, just as it happens we made a trip to Savannah a few months back and I got to try this delicious sandwich and the vanilla coconut peach sweet tea. My goodness, it was all absolutely delicious. Really, it was wonderful! The chicken was cooked and seasoned perfectly and the sauce was wonderful. I will definitely go back if I ever get the chance to go to Savannah again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank brandywinecrossings
Concord, North Carolina
“You have to try the CONQUISTADOR!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The CONQUISTADOR rocked! It was a great chicken sandwich. The bread was soft and the chicken was very tender and tasty. The staff was very friendly had a smile on their face the whole time we were there you can tell they really love their job. It a small place so it's take out only. My husband and I got our sandwiches and went to the park and at them at a bench.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overrated.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We made Zunzi's our first stop for lunch in Savannah, based on all of the overwhelmingly positive reviews on here. The food wasn't bad, it's just way overrated. We both had the famous Chicken conquistador and it was really disappointing...I have had way better sandwiches. It wasn't bad, it's just not something I am dying to have again and I don't really feel the need to ever return to Zunzi's. The bread was fresh and really tasty, and the chicken was tender, but it didn't have a lot of flavor. The staff was very friendly too.

1 Thank cmmorefield
Fenton
“tiny place huge taste”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Don't be put off by the long lines; it's worth it! Once you get inside the little place, the people who take your order are funny and very helpful. If you have a question, just ask them. It is packed and kind of crazy busy, but you will love your sandwich with the oh so fresh ingredients. My husband and I shared a conquistador and had the really good iced tea. The other sandwiches looked wonderful, also. Yum!

1 Thank diamondgirlMichigan