“Great overall, but noisy”

Best Western Central Inn
Ranked #38 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Athens, Georgia
“Great overall, but noisy”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel itself was great - fast and easy check-in, clean rooms, plenty of room space, a lot of parking.

The only problem was the location near the army air base. Planes and helicopters were flying over late into the night (after midnight) and were so loud it sounded as though they were landing in the parking lot. It wasn't constant, but definitely often enough that it could disturb your sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UGA13
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for your remarks, your comments are very important to us. Its good to hear that you had a good stay other than aircraft noise. I wished I could say we would handle this problem but we have no control. One suggestion is you might stay on a lower floor any maybe the noise will not be a problem.
We value you as a guest, please come stay with us again.
Thank you for your business.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Nashua, NH
Reviewed August 19, 2013

friendly service, clean room, good value.recommended.five miles from Old Savannah attractions.the in room coffee is even good.what more can I say this two hundred character requirement is dumb blah blah blah

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank SheRidesABeemer
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
We appreciate your review, and we are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel and its services.
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Central, your business if truly valued and appreciated.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were looking for a hotel close to downtown Savannah but after checking the prices decided to move farther out of town. Glad we did. For about half the price this hotel was great. About 10 minutes from downtown. The staff was great. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. Nice grounds and anything you could want within a few miles. Breakfast was good. Many choices and room was neat and clean. We would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Admjeff
I am so glad that you found our hotel and that you were pleased with our rates and accommodations. Your business is very important to us, thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write this great review.
Please come see us again soon.
Canton, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel was very accommodating and clean in every aspect. Reservations were made online and I requested an additional day at check-in and was provided that day at the same rate without problems. The staff was very helpful when needed and was always courteous. The room had a very pleasant aroma upon entry and remained that way throughout my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Francis B
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
It is so good to hear that you found our hotel to be all that you expected. Thank you for your review, it is important to us to know how our guest experience their visit.
We hope you will choose to stay with us when you visit the Savannah area again.
Egypt
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night during my visit to Savannah & it was enough to get impressed by both the staff & the room. The hotel is located approximately 7-10min drive to downtown Savannah & the area around it was full of shops, restaurants...etc, & for me staying in this area is an amazing bargain compared to the hotels in downtown Savannah.
From the moment I stepped into this hotel, the staff were very friendly & helpful. I arrived early (earlier than the check in time) and I had a king bed room reserved, so I asked if I could check in early & the only room available was queen beds, so the guy at the reception told me you can take a look at it & if you are ok you can check in otherwise I'll have to wait for the king room. I was satisfied with this room & I was allowed to check in early & the process only took 5 min. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast with good varieties & helpful staff.
The room itself was large with 2 queen beds, TV, fridge & microwave and it was spotlessly clean. There is also a free wifi in the room & it worked perfectly. The bathroom was also large & clean & everything worked well.
All in all I was very satisfied with my stay & would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mobz11
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We appreciate your review, I will share your comments with our staff so they know their hard work is recognized.
Your business is very important to us, we appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope you will visit with us again soon.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from 7/29 - 8/1. The stay was GREAT. From the moment we drove onto the grounds, I liked what I saw. The grounds were neat (parking lot, pool, etc.). The lobby was very neat and clean. The restroom in the lobby was also neat and clean. The rooms were clean and comfortable. My only complaint was regarding the water pressure in the shower, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I'd definitely stay there again. It was centrally located (Oglethorpe Mall, restaurants, and close to downtown). I would have rated the hotel 100%, but due to the water pressure and lack of breakfast choices, I'd give the hotel 95%. Regarding the breakfast, there was only one waffle maker and there was a line of people waiting to make waffles. I was disappointed that there wasn't any meat offered. I ate there, but would have preferred more breakfast choices. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Its great to hear that you enjoyed staying with us for several days. You are so right, the hotel is located near many restaurants and shopping. Your review is very important to us and we appreciate you taking time to post your remarks.
We truly appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Morgantown, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Savannah, GA Central Best Western during vacation and was pleased with the overall stay. I found the room to be surprisingly quiet and the bed and pillows extremely comfortable. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The bathroom was a little small and the breakfast was average but overall it was a very good bargain. I felt safe on the property and in the room and would recommend the hotel for those looking for a place to stay within driving distance to all of Savannah 's attractions at a resonable price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Central Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Our goal is to offer clean, comfortable accommodations at a reasonable price and we are so glad that you were pleased with your stay.
Thank you for posting this review, your business is appreciated and we hope you will choose to stay with us again soon.