“excellent food beautiful dining room”
Review of Noble Fare

Noble Fare
Reserve with OpenTable
Noble Fare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 895 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Harris
Transit: Dot (Free Shuttle in the Historic District) Located on Harris Street
Description: Noble Fare is an intimate 3 seat restaurant filled with modern taste and historic charm. Our menu changes seasonally and offers some of the best locally sourced and domestic foodie fantasies. Chef Patrick was trained at Johnson & Wales in Charleston, SC. The menu is influenced by his French technique with all the comfort of American cuisine. We offer an a la carte menu with daily specials and a 7 course chef's tasting menu (By reservation only). We have a great private dining space for large groups, business dinner, wedding celebrations, or a night out with friends. We have a full bar and accept most major credit cards. Dress code is business casual. Reservations may be made by phone or thru open table. We look forward to you dining with us. All the best, Chef Patrick and Jenny McNamara
Reviewed March 11, 2010

This was the best dinner we had in Savannah. We had the tasting menu on Valentine's Day and we thought it was creative and delicious. Wonderful wine pairings. The dining room was small and romantic. We'll be back next time we're in town. This restaurant is popular; be sure to get reservations.

1  Thank diamondgirlMichigan

Reviewed March 10, 2010

I went in here a couple of months ago kind of spur of the moment with my wife. We originally went to see a movie but it was too late so we went to Noble Fare. I was dressed for a movie not a fine dining restaurant but it was a really mellow atmosphere and i didnt feel uncomfortable at all. The food was great from beginning to end and its a very small place so you can tell that the chef is able to show attention to detail on every dish. The chef even threw in an amuse bouche (I think thats how you spell it) and a little palate clenser.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

First, I feel that it is only fair to disclose that we are from Atlanta and eat at many upscale restaurants however; we did eat at the Olde Pink House and were highly impressed.
We chose to eat at Noble Fair on our first night in Savannah. We were immediately seduced by the small dark room and beautiful décor. Noble Fair had a very romantic ambiance and if I were only there for wine and conversation with my husband, I would have given it 5 stars however; I was there for a nice dinner.
My husband ordered the rack of lamb and I ordered the NY Striptease, and a tease it was. The steak was priced at $39 and for a forty dollar steak I'm expecting to reach cloud 9... however; I was very disappointed. I ordered the steak medium rare and received medium to medium well. Now, I'm not over picky but when I pay forty dollars for a meal I expect that meal to be cooked correctly. Also, to be completely honest, I didn't care for the seasoning of the steak so, even if it had been cooked correctly I'm still not convinced that I would have cared for it. My husband didn't enjoy his lamb and said that there was nothing bad about it, it was just okay. Again, for food at $35 to $40 per plate, we expect more than just mediocre.
The service was exceptional and the ambiance was very romantic but unfortunately Noble Fair is far too overpriced for their quality of food. They do have a small bar so if you make your way in here I would recommend a night cap at the bar with your significant other.

1  Thank backseatnavigator
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Very cozy and intimate. Wonderful food. The best dinner I had in Savannah.

Reviewed February 16, 2010

We had the 5 course Valentines Day tasting and it was very good. I would like to come back next time in Savannah and try the regular menu. The filet mignon was delicious. We ordered coffee with dessert and it was the best coffee I have ever had! The restaurant was beautiful inside too!