“attention to detail”
Review of Noble Fare

Noble Fare
Reserve with OpenTable
Noble Fare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 910 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Harris
Transit: Dot (Free Shuttle in the Historic District) Located on Harris Street
Description: Noble Fare is an intimate 38 seat restaurant filled with modern taste and historic charm. Our menu changes seasonally and offers some of the best locally sourced and domestic foodie fantasies. Chef Patrick was trained at Johnson & Wales in Charleston, SC. The menu is influenced by his French technique with all the comfort of American cuisine. We offer an a la carte menu with daily specials and a 7 course chef's tasting menu (By reservation only). We have a great private dining space for large groups, business dinner, wedding celebrations, or a night out with friends. We have a full bar and accept most major credit cards. Dress code is business casual. Reservations may be made by phone or thru open table. We look forward to you dining with us. All the best, Chef Patrick and Jenny McNamara
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great food, service and presentation. Attention to detail made this the best dining experience in Savannah.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I ate here on the recommendation of the B&B we were staying at and boy are we glad we did! We showed up an hour or so early for our reservation and had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners at the bar upstairs. She was so welcoming and made us the best drinks, kind after the other. In highly recommend you let her decide your drink! Old fashioned methods and amazing ambiance. We ended up giving up our table and eating up there all night, enjoying her company and making new friends with other diners. YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS RESTAURANT A STOP ON YOUR TRIP AT LEAST ONCE! Delicious food, elegantly prepared with the best Flavors and techniques.

1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

The is a near perfect restaurant. The ambience is terrific for conversation. Classical or tasteful contemporary music was unobtrusive in the background.

The food was consistent with Michelin ranked establishments in France. My pork loin was seasoned to perfection with an amazing blend of flavors complemented by several side dishes.

The wine list was of high quality and reasonably priced.

Best if all the server was efficient , friendly and utterly unpretentious. So nice not to be told the server 's name.

One of the best dining experienced I have enjoyed in several years!

1  Thank Frugal_Traveler_9
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I had dinner on Friday March 7th. First visit. Cozy, well decorated with a small dining room. We both started with lobster bisque which was excellent. I then had sea scallops and my wife had grouper. Everything was just wonderful. The wait staff were attentive and very pleasant. We Liked the food so much we changed our travel plans to be able to have dinner there again last night (March 15th). I had the 8 oz tenderloin, wife had the duck which she said is the best she has ever had. If you are in Savannah you have to try Noble Fare.

1  Thank Jerry M
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Overall the food is excellent, but there are exceptions, and our server was a bit underwhelming. First, I ordered a cocktail that contains two ingredients. Our server said "we're out of Galliano" which is not one of the two ingredients. Maybe that was just a general statement, but as the servers also make the drinks, I'm glad they were out of Galliano. Also, our first amuse bouche was described as having basil as one ingredient when that ingredient was indeed parsley.
The menu is very small, and we arrived at 8:00 on a weeknight to find they were out of some items. The biggest disappointment was the charred romaine (they call it grilled) salad. I had gone to the restroom when the first course came, and thought maybe they allowed smoking in the restaurant, only to find it was my salad. The romaine smelled like cigarette butts and tasted like what you would imagine an ashtray full of butts to taste like if you licked it. I would avoid the salad.
The bisque however was excellent, as were all our entrees. The steak is massive, more than I could eat, and the pureed carrots and potatoes inspired. Likewise all the entrees were well paired with their sides.
I don't think I'd go back, given all the good restaurants in Savannah, but I think if you hit them on a good night and don't get the charred romaine it could be a great meal.