“Check it out”
Review of Noble Fare

Noble Fare
Reserve with OpenTable
Noble Fare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 864 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Harris
Transit: Dot (Free Shuttle in the Historic District) Located on Harris Street
Description: Noble Fare is an intimate 32 seat fine dining restaurant filled with modern taste and historic charm. Our menu is classically French technique and American cuisine. We offer an a la carte menu with daily specials and a 7 course chef's tasting menu. We have a full bar and accept most major credit cards. Dress code is business casual. Reservations may be made by phone or thru open table. We look forward to you dining with us. All the best, Chef Patrick and Jenny McNamara
Fleming Island, Florida
“Check it out”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here this weekend and were impressed. This restaurant sits on the edge of the historic area, but don't let this deter you. Our waitress was personable and attentive. Great breads. We both had salads (I had grilled romaine-good) and we both did specials: he had a grouper dish and I had a grilled beef dish, and both were delicious. Unfortunately, we were too full for desserts; however, my husband had french-pressed coffee with a chocolate liqueur and loved it. They do have a full bar. Overall, a wonderful dinner. We would return.

Visited December 2013

Wilmington, Delaware
“More than good food - Relaxed elegant dining”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Party of six at a round table. You'd expect us to have a lot to say and we did. The food was excellent the menu choices for broad the bread was really unique and different some sort of fluffy salty pastry. That bread
almost ruined my whole dinner because was so very good. Salads were fancy and good. Service was timed so be prepared to dine for two or more hours. At least that was what we experienced. Service deteriorated and the quite atmosphere disappeared when they seated a party of ten next to us. Grouper, beef and scallops were the primary choices the day after Thanksgiving.

With very little in the alcohol dept., they had lots to choose from, our check worked out to be $65 per person including The 20% Gratuity. Service was great to start, very lackluster when it came to dessert and coffee. Desert was outstanding.

Dover, Delaware
“Charming off the beaten path”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

After a fun day of exploring Savannah, we treated ourselves to a delicious meal at this restaurant. Our waiter was very attentive, the wine list was good and the food excellent. No rush, just right, we would go back again.

Winter Garden, Florida
“Poor poor service”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stopped by the upstairs bar for a glass of wine. We seemed to be an inconvenience to the server/bartender. She was busy with a private party and would not even acknowledge that we were in the bar. We were ready to walk out when the owner noticed that we did not have drinks. We finally got a glass of wine. When we were ready to leave we had to ask twice for our check. For a high end restaurant we were not impressed with the service. No need to go back to try the food. Pleas just acknowledge the customer.

Boston, MA
“Good food, expensive”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We ate at Noble Fare on November 16, 2013, and enjoyed the food. My wife had the wedge salad, and I had the grilled romaine salad, which was one of the best of its kind I've had--nice smoky undertones. The trio of breads brought to the table was very good. There were two amuse bouches during the meal--one a citrus / cranberry sorbet, which was very good, the other a smoked salmon bit on a small, round toast, which was undistinguished. We both ordered the Duck, Duck, No Goose, which my wife liked more than I did. The risotto under the duck wanted salt, but the greens served with the dish provided the needed salt--except that I thought that the small portion of greens (perhaps 1/4 cup) was too small to season the entire dish. The duck itself was tender and delicious, with a cinnamon-scented skin. It was good, but I wasn't blown away by the experience--it was a solidly plated duck on risotto with a side of greens, and not much more. Our desserts were very nice--I ordered the vanilla creme brulee, and my wife had a chocolate cake. Both very good, but again--not anything I haven't had elsewhere before. The one unusual experience for me was finding absinthe on the after dinner drinks menu, and that's what I'll remember from this dinner--the server brought over an ice-water receptacle with a tiny tap on the side, and demonstrated how to dunk a sugar cube in the absinthe, light it on fire over the glass, then drip water onto the sugar cube until it dissolved into the absinthe. A fascinating ritual, and if you like herbed anise-flavored things, which I do, I'd recommend it. Our meal for two, including a $60 bottle of wine, ran $240 including tip.