“Skipped Appetizer for Dessert”
Review of Noble Fare

Noble Fare
Reserve with OpenTable
Noble Fare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 908 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Harris
Transit: Dot (Free Shuttle in the Historic District) Located on Harris Street
Description: Noble Fare is an intimate 38 seat restaurant filled with modern taste and historic charm. Our menu changes seasonally and offers some of the best locally sourced and domestic foodie fantasies. Chef Patrick was trained at Johnson & Wales in Charleston, SC. The menu is influenced by his French technique with all the comfort of American cuisine. We offer an a la carte menu with daily specials and a 7 course chef's tasting menu (By reservation only). We have a great private dining space for large groups, business dinner, wedding celebrations, or a night out with friends. We have a full bar and accept most major credit cards. Dress code is business casual. Reservations may be made by phone or thru open table. We look forward to you dining with us. All the best, Chef Patrick and Jenny McNamara
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were determined to have dessert at Noble Fare! We skipped the appetizer and went to our main course of the chef special Black Grouper. Light and delicious. We then had the flourless chocolate cake that came with ice cream and strawberries. This was a great place to eat. We were seated at our reservation time, everyone was nice and professional and the food was great. It is a little dressy. I don't think jeans would work, I wore a casual dress and my husband wore slacks and we felt appropriately dressed. We truly enjoyed our evening

2  Thank Scook112301

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I saw the reviews on trip advisor and they were not wrong. I love this place. The decor is awesome and I HATE the color pink. I took my parents there for their anniversary before going to see the Cirque show so we were there early and it was perfect. Smoked salmon amuse bouche was a great starter (wish I could have had more). I had the Ahhhhhhhhhi tuna appetizer. Really great cosmo as well. Two of us had the duck duck no goose we highly recommend it. The foie gras literally melted in your mouth. I have never had risotto before and now I see why Chef Ramsey is always a stickler for it. I loved it! Only one problem is that I wished that they had the full drink menu online. I would not have a had a second cosmo and would have held out for the Absinthe for dessert. I will be back as soon as possible.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

A small restaurant in the historic district, maybe 20 tables including the new rooms upstairs. This is a high quality, high priced restaurant. A must for foodies in Savannah, probably in my top 3 at all times. The menu changes with seasonal additions. The menu is limited to a handful of appetizers, salads and entrees with a few specials. I like this as opposed to menus of hundreds of items, which makes me nervous. Anyway, the grilled salad with prosciutto is a sophisticated must, and the only place in town you can get it. Both scallops as well as the special black grouper done in a vindaloo was superb.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you are a foodie, love Top Chef or just simply want to try something different, go to this restaurant, great food, wine, atmosphere and service!11

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had the tasting menu and my husband had the wine pairings with it. We had 7 courses plus amuse bouche and palate cleansing sorbet. We had Pan Roasted Divers Scallop, Ahi Tuna Tartare, Halibut, Pork Tenderloin, Duck-Duck-Duck No Goose, Cheese and fruit plate and a tasting of three desserts. Everything was excellent---wonderful flavors and perfect preparation. We also loved the wine pairings so much that we had our waiter write down several of them for us. Our waiter, George, was totally attentive and very pleasant. My husband says he rates this in the top five meals he has ever had and we have been to wonderful restaurants all over the world. We will definitely be returning to Noble Fare on our next trip to Savannah. In fact, we may make a trip just to participate in one of their wine dinners soon.

1  Thank PamDowns