“Great experience”

Best Western Savannah Gateway
Ranked #51 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I was very nervous about booking this hotel because of the mixed reviews. I must say I was very pleased. The entire staff was great & very pleasant. The breakfast was good, the room was very clean & comfortable. Thanks for a great experience! We will definitely visit again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is on older hotel and does not have some of the amenities I have come to expect from Best Western, but it is conveniently located to several places I like to visit in the Savannah area, so it is my hotel of choice when I'm in neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were very surprised at this hotel, it was clean. The staff was great, very nice and helpful. Very close to the highway and restaurants. We felt very safe while at this hotel, will stay again on our next road trip!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2014

On the road for an 18+ hour drive, needed a place to stay for one night. We were traveling with another family and our pet. The woman in the reservation center was extremely accommodating and helpful finding us to find the hotel right off the interstate. The family we were traveling with stated that their mattresses were sunken in the middle and received very little rest. My room was fine with the exception of a hole in the wall where the security lock kept hitting. The carpet seemed a little grungy too. For a quick stop over, it is good enough.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

When I read all the reviews I was VERY nervous just like you must be if you are reading my review! You must be thinking like I was "why is the price so low?". I went with my family for 4 nights (2 children) during the week of July 4th. I had a very good A/C (cold all week), microwave, & fridge. Beds were fine & not a bug in sight. It was not a big room but we came on vacation, not to sit in the room all day. They had a nice "free" breakfast & we always left full. (waffles ,cereal, bagels, fruit, etc.) They need to add more tables though but we always got one. We never went to the pool but it seemed okay. Downtown Savannah is around 12 miles which is very easy to get to. South Carolina is maybe 30 minutes. The staff isn't overly friendly but not rude either. If money is an issue for you (which it must be if you are looking for a hotel at these prices) then this is your hotel. There were lots of places to eat & a Denny's right in the hotel. I read some reviews and some didn't have a good experience at this hotel but thank goodness mine was. We would stay again as long as the price does not go higher.

Room Tip: Always request what you want when you make reservations & call to confirm. I asked for a microwa...
1  Thank Douglas K
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel to split up a trip to Pa. Very nice hotel. Clean and a very friendly staff. I was a late check in they had no problem with that. My goal was to be rested for the continuation of my journey. I was very comfortable. If I need a hotel in the future on my passing through Savannah, this would be at the top of my list. Thank You

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thomas B,
A special thanks to you and your family for joining us at the Best Western Savannah Gateway hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words about our clean rooms, friendly team and convenient location. We hope you enjoyed your trip to Pennsylvania and that you will come back to see us again soon!
Best Western Savannah Gateway Management Team

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stopped here on our way to Miami. One positive is that it was a great location. Pool was dirty with candy wrappers and other materials floating in it. Took a shower right when I got out! Overall, good hotel for an overnight stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Danielle K, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Nina M,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us for a quick stopover in Savannah on your way to Miami. We appreciate the kind words about our convenient location! We are sorry about the inconvenience that you experienced on this particular visit and would like to thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. We have shared your review with our General Manager for further review. Thanks again for all of your time and feedback. We hope you will stay with us again in the future so that you can enjoy a refreshing, relaxing experience at our outdoor pool.
Best Western Savannah Gateway Management Team