“Hotel used by Snowbirds”

Best Western Savannah Gateway
Ranked #57 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Ottawa, Canada
“Hotel used by Snowbirds”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stopped at this hotel will travelling south. It has great access to I-95 and we found it to be very good value for the money. The property was well maintained and our room was quite large and very clean. They offered a very good continental type breakfast. Only negative is that the front desk staff could have been a little more professional. Definitely would stop at this property again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear yvettewu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We truly appreciate the kind words about our well maintained property, spacious guest rooms, clean hotel and complimentary breakfast buffet. We would also like to thank you for the constructive criticism about our customer service. We have shared your concerns with our General Manager. Thanks again for all of your time! It is feedback like yours that allows us to improve the overall experience for hotel guests!

Best Western Savannah Gateway Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you don't mind staying in a "dive hotel" this place is just right. Motel style rooms face outside with little to no noise reduction. Noises echo off the concrete and through the breezeway from the pool area and carry quite a distance away. Also, bugs easily access your room from outside.

Room condition was run down. There were holes in the walls that were trying to be hidden by the headboard of the bed. The bathtub sealant was cracked black and moldy looking.

The "continental breakfast" is extremely lacking almost forcing you to use the attached Denny's for your needs. However, you do get a 10% discount !!

I was originally going to stay here for 2 weeks but after just a few nights I moved 2 exits off I-95 south to the Best Western Plus.

Room Tip: Request to see a room before committing to stay !!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank The_Traveling_Giant
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
The_Traveling_Giant,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are truly sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you experienced on this particular visit and would like to thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We have recently renovated our hotel guest rooms, so we are disappointed to hear that your room did not live up to the new and improved look we have been so excited to shared with hotel guests. We have sent you a private message in hopes that you will share your room number with us so that our General Manager can personally inspect the guest room. This way, necessary changes can be made to ensure we are offering maximum guest comfort for future guests. Thanks in advance for your time. We appreciate it and hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we can provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve.

Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Staff member was very grouchy - unpleasant - not helpful - should be fired. Entrance was torn up - no attempt to be helpful about this construction -- minor construction still under way the next day with a very slow work crew

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear James C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to offer excellent customer service to each and every hotel guest, so we are very disappointed to hear about the inconvenience that you experienced on this particular visit. We have shared these concerns with our General Manager so that necessary changes can be made. As you mentioned in your review, we are currently updating our hotel lobby. We are very excited about these changes and hope to be able to share our new front desk, new floors and new walls with travelers very soon. We are sorry that these renovations caused an inconvenience during your stay. We really appreciate your patience and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future so that we can provide the excellent service and accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stopped through Savannah on a recent business road trip. I am on the road a lot, and historically I have had great BW experiences, this trip was no exception. My stay completely exceeded my expectations. The location of this hotel was extremely convenient, right off the expressway, and as I would find out just a stone's throw away from Downtown Savannah. The room I stayed in was clean, quiet, and modern. Everything looked new, I suspect they recently renovated. The accommodations were great, but what set this visit over the top was the customer service experience. I arrived very late at night, a customer service rep was waiting to greet me with the offer of a fresh brewed cup of coffee and a cookie. My check in was an absolute breeze, I had my keys in less then 10 min. They have a Denny's connected to the hotel!!! I was able to grab some waffles before turning in for the night. Ultimately, my meeting was pushed back a day, leaving me with an extra day in Savannah. I was able to extend my reservation with no problem. The hotel was pretty booked, but they worked it out so I didn't have to move rooms for my additional day. While down at the front desk extending my stay, I got to talking with the staff at the front desk. The owner of the hotel, and young lady working the front desk took what amounted to be a half hour helping me plan out a great day in Savannah. I get hungry even thinking about the great lunch recommendation they gave me, FYI if you are in Savannah, grab a burger from the "Crystal Beer Parlor", you won't be sorry. Wash it down with a milkshake from Leopolds. It was a great stay, in a great town! I would recommend the BW Savannah Gateway to anybody lucky enough to be visiting lovely Savannah!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Andy P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind, detailed review about the Best western Savannah Gateway hotel. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you were able to fit in a day of site seeing during your Savannah business trip. We cannot thank you enough for recommending our newly renovated guest rooms, quiet atmosphere and friendly team to fellow travelers. We hope that you will be able to join us again soon at the Best Western Savannah Gateway hotel.

Massillon, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The room was nice and clean. Smelled fresh. The bed was very comfortable and the place was quiet. I got a good night sleep.Continental breakfast was good, The dining room was clean The staff was caring and friendly, Thank you, I plan on staying at Best Western on my next trip. We drove from Ohio to Florida and returned trip. All were at a Best Western but one .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mary Z,

Thanks for joining us at the Best Western Savannah Gateway hotel as you traveled to Florida and then back to Ohio. We cannot thank you enough for recommending our comfortable guest rooms, quiet atmosphere and complimentary breakfast buffet to fellow travelers. We hope that you had a wonderful time in Florida and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This BW has had some room upgrades and it shows. Very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. This is a older hotel but has been kept up well and reno looks good. Plus a Denny's onsite. Convenient to Savannah and right off I95.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear WPMurray,

Thank you very much for noticing our recent renovations including the new carpets and new artwork in our guest rooms! We cannot thank you enough for recommending our clean, comfortable rooms, friendly team and the Denny's restaurant located on site to fellow travelers. Please come back to see us again soon! We are in the process of updating our lobby and look forward to sharing the new front desk counter, new floors, new furniture and more with our guests!

Greenwood, SC, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very clean room. Was given a handicap room which was not requested or needed. Handicap bathrooms don't provide maximum counter top space. Perplexed as to why the Staff was nurturing a family of cats in the immediate area of Guests rooms. Beautiful cats but no evidence of collar with tags indicating proper vacinations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank David L. D
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear David L. D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words about our clean guest rooms. We are sorry about the miscommunication regarding your room type preference. When you call to make your next reservation, please let our team know that you would like one of our standard rooms. This way, we can make any necessary changes to your guest profile and ensure that you receive your preferred room type. The family of cats that was rescued nearby is on their way to a new home as we speak! Thanks again for all of your time. We appreciate it and hope to see you again in the future!