“Excellent Value for the money.”

Best Western Savannah Gateway
Ranked #57 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed November 22, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Reviewed November 21, 2012

After seeing other reviews I was a,little worried that I didn't choose someplace else. I must admit the rooms I has was fine nothing to complain about,. Whileit wasn't the Waldorf Astoria it was the lowest place either, the price was great. I stopped here as a stop over from NJ to Kissimmee. I would stay again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ocdgwg

Dear Ocdgwg,

Thank you very much for the four star review about our hotel. We are very glad that you chose to stay with us for a quick stop on your way to Kissimee. We welcome all travelers who need a place to stop and rest before continuing on to their final destination. We hope that you enjoyed our close proximity to the interstate and local restaurants. We strive to offer comfortable hotel rooms and excellent amenities at affordable rates, so we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon at the Best Western Savannah Gateway hotel.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is old, dirty and $100! It was worth $20 tops! Toilet didn't flush, bath tub was moldy, couldn't sleep cuz I felt like I was getting bitten. Only good thing I could say was I didn't find any signs of bedbugs!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank anniewinfl
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear anniewinfl,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. It is our goal to offer clean, comfortable hotel rooms to each and every one of our guests. We have recently gone through several exciting renovations that include a new accent wall in our guest rooms, an updated pool, an improved breakfast buffet, and new furniture pieces. By the end of the year we are expecting new TV’s as well. Your feedback is very important to us, because we want to make sure each guest room reflects our new and improved look. If travelers encounter a problem during their visit, we encourage them to contact the front desk immediately so that we can resolve the situation. Our pest control provider inspects the hotel on a regular basis to ensure that we do not have any bug infestations. However, we are grateful that you have shared your concern with us so that we can investigate the situation and make sure there is not a problem. Please contact our General Manager, Alisha Patel, if you have any additional comments or concerns. We appreciate your business and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future so that we can offer you the excellent accommodations that you and all of our guests deserve!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

There are a lot of hotel at exit 94 to choose from, next time I'll make this one my last choice! This hotel has been here longer than most in the area and it's showing it's age. While the room was large it needed to be cleaned a lot better than just a lite vacuuming. There were cobwebs and dirt in the corners, the bathroom had a poorly repaired hole under the toilet and dirt in the baseboard grout. Then try to get a good night sleep with I-95 traffic just outside your door. Lastly I checked with other hotels at this exit and one had a better rate and was new. I'll pass this one up on my next road trip. And I travel a lot!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on east side away from I-95
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WM R
Danielle S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear CaptnSam,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your most recent visit. We have recently gone through some very exciting renovations at our property. We have a new accent wall in our guest rooms, an updated pool and pool furniture, an improved breakfast buffet, and new furniture pieces that just came in yesterday. By the end of the year we will have new TV’s as well! Your feedback is very important to us because we want to make sure that each guest room reflects our new and improved look. We are also sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our location. Many guests enjoy our close proximity to I-95. It provides easy access to nearby attractions and is a great stopover point for guests who need a break before continuing on to their final destination. We do not generally have noise complaints and are very sorry to hear that this caused a problem for you during your stay. We have taken all of your comments to heart and will share this information with our team so that we can make necessary changes. It is feedback like yours that allows us to make improvements and better serve our future guests. Please contact our General Manager, Alisha Patel, with any additional questions or comments!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

When we arrived late at night, we were tired and had bad weather to drive thru. After we dropped off our luggage in the room, we went to the Denny's in the hotel for dinner. What a wonderful staff! They made us feel great and the food and service was excellent.
I would stay there again!!!

Room Tip: Everything is there on the grounds!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Alisha P, Manager at Best Western Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Janice D,

Thank you for your feedback. Pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Savannah.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel staff is outstanding, Bea went out of her way for us. I forgot a pair of fress shoes, I call and Bea had ousekepping bring them to her and then she shipped them home for us. Lillie at check in was very helpful and friendly.
The room was clean and the bed soft, just what we needed after a 8 hour car ride.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear vaneck2,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at the Best Western Savannah Gateway. I look forward to sharing your positive feedback with my team. I hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Savannah, GA.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have stayed here before on our way to Florida,and it was ok. Not this time. The room was dirty, dust balls behind the the dresser,the carpet was very dirty. Your feet almost stuck to it. The bathroom had mold in the bathtub,and on the walls.We won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear dowopjoeOhio,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We set high standards at our hotel so that we can offer guests comfortable accommodations down to the very last detail and I want to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I will be sharing this with our team so that we can make necessary changes and better serve our guests in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.