“Wonderful staff, don't stay in the rooms on the back of the hotel.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Savannah Historic District

Best Western Savannah Historic District
Ranked #50 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ridgefield, CT
“Wonderful staff, don't stay in the rooms on the back of the hotel.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The staff was super plus, clean rooms and very comfortable. We couldn't sleep because of the outside noise in the back of the hotel. If you stay here ask for a courtyard room or don't stay on a weekend. Too loud out back.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM11205, Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
I apologize for the less than pleasant stay. The noise from the public streets is something that is unfortunately out of our control. We strive to provide our guest the highest quality of customer care, I am sorry you feel we did not. Thank you for your feedback.

Best Western Plus Savannah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great downtown location w/parking. We walked all around downtown Savannah easily. Room was neat & clean. Front desk staff personable. Continental breakfast included, which was repeatedly replenished. Would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
A good value is important these days! I am so glad you enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast, location, and service. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District!

Rimrock, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

check in was fine room is clean and in good condition only thing there was no WiFi throughout our stay and their reply was works in the lobby. They have the exercise room set at 75 degrees which is to high temperature to work out at.The pay for parking is BS just include in room charge

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District would like to take the time to apologize to the author of this review. The WiFi is currently being worked on. In regards to the temperature in the fitness room, I will have our Maintenance Deptartment look into this. The parking charge is not added in to the total cost because then it would be taxed and it would cost more for our guests. We strive to provide the highest quality of customer care to all of our guests. I am sorry if we fell short.

Wooster, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed 1 night here in Sept. 2012. We picked Savannah as a 1/2 stopping place to stay for the night when we were driving from Ohio to Miami. Loved the on sight parking. This was the main reason we chose this Hotel. They give you a tag to stick in your winshied and you can come and go as you please. Its self parking so there is no need to wait for valet wich is a PLUS. Also there was no extra charge for the parking. Hotel spotless clean. Free breakfast in the am was average but no crowded and I was pleased with it considering the price of the hotel. This is a PRIME location. Just a 1/2 block from ALL of the attractions. Was easy enuf to walk from the hotel to all the shops and food places. We also were able to walk to Paula Deen's restraint just FYI. There was some noise threw the day evening since this is down town but that wasn't a problem for us since we were out and about most of that time. The only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 star rating is because the front desk lady working the day I check in was the rudest and most arrogant hotel staff person I have ever met. I called the evening before my check in day and asked about an early check in. At that time I was told it would not be a problem. I even explained that if we had to wait for our check in it wouldn't be a problem we would just leave home a cpl hours later so that we would get there at a more appropriate time. I explained to the lady that we would be driving threw the night and only wanted the early check in so that we could have a few hours more to see the sights. Again the lady on the phone told me that this wasn't a problem because the hotel wasn't full. When we arrived the next day I approached the front desk and stated that I was there to check in. The woman working the front desk then told me check in was not for about 3 hours. I explained that we had drove threw the night from Ohio and I had verified an early check in the previous evening. The woman then agreed to let me have my early check in but continued to be rude for the rest of our stay. Even after she voiced that she would give me the early check in she continued to repeatedly tell me that some hotels aren't as nice about early check in and that quote "no hotel in the world can guarantee an early check in because rooms need to be cleaned before other guests arrive." I understand all this I explained that why I called. I just don't understand why she fussed about it for so long if she was able to give us the room without any issue. She spoke to me as if this was my 1st time traveling and/or I was a child. At one point the lady working the small broucher desk behind us even butted into the conversation wich I thought was highly inappropriate seens how she was still setting at a desk and had to speak loudly when my back was to her. For the rest when we asked any question the lady seemed to be quick and rude. Also it struck me as odd that when she spoke she acted as if she was a spokes person for all hotels not just a Best Western front desk rep. Overall I was happy with everything else and impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms.

Room Tip: Clean hotel with walking distance to all attractions. Also horse and buggy ride pick ups and ghost t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
At the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District it is always our goal to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. We regret that the author of this review had a bad experience. I will have that conversation with our Guest Service Manager on why you were treated the way you were. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding service and accommodations. I hope you accept our apologies and would give us another chance on a future stay to prove that we provide much better service than you experienced.

Columbus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Really nice rooms, nice breakfast, awesome location and friendly staff! We were really happy to find such a nice place that old allow our dogs. We used the pool too and had it all to ourselves. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allison M
We are so excited you all enjoyed your stay in Savannah and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District as well! I am glad you had a chance to take advantage of the beautiful weather and pool, and enjoyed that we pride ourselves as being a dog-friendly hotel. We look forward to your return!

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I decided to go to Savannah for one day and wanted to stay in the Historic District. This place was a great choice. It is located right on Bay Street and within walking distance of River Street and Ellis Square. Anything that goes on downtown is just a few blocks away. The cost pays for itself, when you don't have to pay for cabs or bail bond if you are caught drinking and driving. The WiFi was not so great. I was situated on the 3rd floor and could not receive a connection. I was able to pick other hotel's WiFi, but not Best Western. I had to go to the lobby to connect. The hostess was extremely nice and made my stay a lot more hospitable. Choose the first or second floor. WiFi on the third floor is nonexistent.

Room Tip: Choose the first or second floor. WiFi on the third floor is nonexistent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM11205, Manager at Best Western Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Historic District! We appreciate your kind words and appreciate your business! The WIFI issue is something that we are currently in the process of fixing. Have a wonderful day!