“Taste of the Orient” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tangerine Fusion and Sushi Bar

Tangerine Fusion and Sushi Bar
Ranked #146 of 857 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Taste of the Orient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

On a whim I wanted something a little exotic in Savannah and Googled several places to eat at...Tangerine was one that came back close to where I was staying so I dropped in early...5:00 PM. The minute I stepped into the restaurant I knew I was someplace special. Elegant arrangements on each table, very clean and very upper class. Greeted very graciously by the waiter, I was already setting high expectations...

The soup, appetizer and main course were a culinary masterpiece, both in presentation and taste!!! I cannot say enough about the Tar Tar...not something I would normally order but it was delicious!!! The roasted duck was just perfect, tender slices of duck that made me appreciate the effort that went into its preparation!

Finally, thinking I couldn't eat anymore...and ready to leave...I was convinced by the waiter to at least try one of the less decadent desserts. I acquiesced and ordered the fried banana with plain vanilla ice cream thinking it would be simple. Imagine what I saw when it was brought to my table...as they say, a feast for the eyes and the palate...it was superb!!! A perfect ending to sate my hunger and curiosity! I will definitely return!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Coralandshoes45, Public Relations Manager at Tangerine Fusion and Sushi Bar, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We certainly appreciate your positive response and we hope to have your business again soon!

Savannah, Georgia
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

On a recommendation, we entered into the serenity & beauty of Tangerine. We were graciously greeted by "Kong" who took care of us like no other. Ambiance, Presentation of tables, lighting, music & more was just a taste, no pun intended, as to then embarking on our menus. Food was bright, fresh, scrumptious to say the least. A fine "find" off the busy streets of Southside Savannah. We'd gone for lunch.. I hear it is extremely busy nites & weekends. I would recommend this place to anyone. A myriad of choices, flavors and art!! Loved it! See you Friday, Kong!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We certainly appreciate your positive response and hope to have your business again soon!
“Never got a waiter!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went in tonight to enjoy a restaurant I heard great things about and never got the chance to experience it! Waited for a table and waited forever for a server, no one ever came. The hostess got me, and everyone in the restaurant water. She was busting her butt trying to help the servers. she promised one was on their way, but after 15 minutes and hearing the table next to me complain about waiting an hour and a half and still hadn't got food, i left! I was then greeted by a waiter that said hello as i was half way out the door! I told them id come back when they had more time for customer service. I purposely came after the dinner rush to avoid this very problem.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely appreciate your response, as we are always re-evaluating our strengths and weaknesses. Your review has brought our attention to an issue which we hope to have resolved before your next visit to Tangerine. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have your business again soon.
Marietta, Georgia
“OMG! I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

And I don't even like Thai food! I had spring rolls with several hot sauces--one just about burnt my tongue off, so watch out. My entree was the grouper, a nice thick, meaty chunk of fish, with steamed veggies artfully presented. Others at the table got big fat lobster tails, crab soup, and a whole flounder that was about the size of my head! Martinis and mojitos were well done and the Ultimate Chocolate Cake was divinely inspired.

Now, about the service--this is not the kind of place you come to for quick service. Plan to spend a couple hours. That way you can fully savor your appetizers and entrees. Everything is cooked fresh to order. I had to send the chili sauce back because I didn't realize it was sweet. The waitress didn't bat an eye , but quickly returned with a savory Thai basil sauce that was delicious with my fish.

This is an out of the way place located on a strip mall. It doesn't look like much on the outside, but inside is cozy, clean and inviting, nicely appointed. Not your typical Chinese food and well worth the drive from any place on the Georgia coast.

• Visited September 2013
Valdosta, Georgia
“Great food, horrible service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I can say the service was a straight up disaster. Took us 13 minutes from the time we were seated till we even got our drinks. Which was water and sodas. Them another 46 minutes to even get our entrees. Our orders were not hard nor complicated. Grated when we got our food to was amazing. But it didn't make up for the bad service. Then they screwed up our checks so bad that I ended up leaving a 3 cent tip for the train wreck of service

• Visited August 2013