“What Happened!”

Ranked #157 of 904 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Sushi, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tangerine is located in Historic Savannah, Georgia; serving Thai cuisine with a twist of pan-Asian flair in a romantically stylish setting. Voted 2017 Best of Savannah for "Best Sushi Specialty Roll."
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have eaten at Tangerine since it opened and I have never been disappointed until now. For a restaurant that set itself apart for its culinary presentation and flavors, both suffered during my visit. Although the martinis & sushi were nice and the appetizer was great, the main plates (both over $20) were not up to par. The scallops had little flavor. Both jasmine rice bowls were spongy and wet. The steamed veggies were plated without being allowed to drip dry. Therefore, water was all over the plate, which further added to the bland taste. The sweet rice, as always, was great. The owner of this restaurant is known for his standard of excellence and he can be very tough on his staff (I have seen it personally, and by the way, the service was still wonderful), but I think he has spread himself a bit too thin now that he has 4 restaurants. Next time, I will go to Tangerine's cheaper and better sister restaurant (The King & I). Being a junkie of this restaurant (and its sister restaurants) I must say that Tangerine was a bit of a navel orange, and that makes me sad.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went with my boyfriend and his parents to Tangerine for dinner, and we loved their food! We especially loved the spicy seabass in the red curry sauce. It was cooked perfectly and had tons of flavor. We will certainly be back!

1  Thank kris8831
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here for both lunch and dinner. Both times the food has been great and the service has been wonderful! The presentation of the food is beautiful and the drinks are pretty good too! I love coming here.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This little place really wowed us. From the decor to the bar and finally the menu. Nothing that we anticipated from a strip mall restaurant. our waiter now transferred to sister-restarant ele was also very attentive, prompt, funny and just made the experience even more pleasurable. The food was great, sushi to asian cuisine very different spin but nothing less than exceptional. We went for lunch and returned for Dinner. Both times super satisfied.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I have now visited 3 of the restaurants in this 'group', but this was the first! The menu was wide, the service was lovely and unintrusive, the ambience was quaint and there were a variety of clientele. All 5 of us had fantastic meals. I would definately return if I visit Savannah again.