“not worth the wait.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gum Branch, Georgia, United States
“not worth the wait.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

35 minute seating time. After 45 minutes I checked and was told they were seating a table and we would be at the one after that. Finally seated after 1 1/2 hour. Waited for ten minutes at the table with no recognition from staff. No drinks, no order taking, nothing. F this, time for the buffet at Golden Corral. Although the restaurant was crowded with a waiting list, they don't have cooks for every table. First you have to wait for a table then you have to wait for one of the cooks to finish somewhere else and then come to your table. The restaurant was quite smoky from the food being cooked. It smelled good but their exhaust fans don't seem to work very well. So even though we left without eating I did get to smell the food in my clothes all night. Will never be going there again. Maybe Miyabi can do better.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank 866erics

Marietta
“Less than stellar from Marietta, GA visitors”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This restaurant was outddated, dirty, and the the grill was in disrepair. The soup was nothing more than boullion in water. The salad was iceberg lettuce floating in too much dressing. The fried rice, although huge in portion, was nothing more than slightly burned rice with soy sauce.

The vegetables consisted of zucchini and onions.

The shrinp and scallops were overcooked and rubbery. Our filets were good, presented with mushrooms.

The cook was less than personable, without presentation.

The waitress was very friendly; the highlight of our evening.

• Visited October 2013
Arvada, Colorado
“Beni WHO?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Who doesn't love a good hibachi dinner? Most people are familiar with Benihana's. I thought this place was going to be a sub par knock off, but was pleasantly surprised. The chefs were funny and entertaining, the food was great, and the portions were huge. I can destroy my plate at Benihana's, but only ate half my plate at Masato's. Located right across the street from the mall, it is an excellent choice for dinner after shopping. It is just minutes from the historic district too.

• Visited August 2012
“The sushi chef SAVED US”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were there to celebrate our anniversary. The waitor we had,his name I have no idea because he never told us. We waited almost twenty minutes for a glass of wine and Saki. He never picked up our order, the gentleman making sushi took it. We named it, *people in front of you*! We waited 10 minutes for a salt shaker and 15 for the second round of drinks. I am in the service industry! He just sucked. And everyone at the sushi bar agreed. There are people looking for a job,and don't mind working. It was an awful experience.

1 Thank annpearl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great staff saved bad circumstance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We had to wait an hour for a table after being told 45 min wait...it took forever to get a chef at our table...but...once we got under way our chef was excellent, the food he cooked was some of the best we've had at a Japanese restaurant and the young server was very nice and attentive. The kitchen had a problem with the rice cooker which made the chef cook the meat before the rice, which wound up to be the last thing cooked. I don't think any of us at the table really minded but the server, chef and management were very apologetic and reinforced that apology with free drinks, offers of free Sake for all the adults and extra shrimp. Despite their stressful time behind the scenes, they maintained friendly, upbeat and professional demeanor in front of us. They handled (what seemed to us to be minor but to them was a big deal) the circumstance very appropriately...perhaps even above what any of us would expect. We have had average experiences at this restaurant in the past, but when faced with stressful challenges, they rose to the occasion this night and went above expectations with regards to customer service. This was actually one our best experiences here. I wish I had their names to post. They were impressive.