“Highlight of our wedding trip!”
Review of Tara Haunted Tours

Tara Haunted Tours
Ranked #45 of 151 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Add a little "fright" to your night.......The Boos and Brews Ghost Tour. This haunted tour is definately for the vacationing Adult! Take a leisurely scary stroll through the heart of Savannah's Haunted Historic District. Walk around with your favorite adult beverage in hand, hear terrifying ghost stories, and actually go into old creepy buildings (Moon River Brewing Company and 17Hundred90 Inn) to experience these paranormal pub stories for yourself!
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My now Husband and I eloped to Savannah and took the Boos and Brews tour Saturday October 26 with Jackie. Tara and I had actually become friends on FB before we arrived so had fun browsing pics and looked forward to adding another adventure chapter to our trip. And were not disappointed!! Jackie was our guide that night, had a fun crowd and with it being the Saturday before Halloween added a few more 'characters' than we bargained for. My only suggestion is that if you HAVE to go to Moon River, to be sure to request Chad as your guide. It was on ours, and had even planned on staying for a late dinner there after, but Jackie is spooked by the location and we ended up back at the 1790 Inn. Which since was where we were staying, was great as we got a lot more information on the Inn, but really missed out on the Moon River experience. But gives us yet another reason to visit again! Highly recommend Tara Haunted Tours and the Boos and Brews Tour!!

1  Thank Jen H
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thanks for the review and the pictures on our facebook! I was so glad that my company could make your special wedding weekend so memorable.
I'm sorry you didn't get to go into Moon River Brewing Company the Saturday before Halloween weekend. With Savannah having 78 tour companies, the streets were a little congested and Moon River also had a lot of private parties going on for Halloween.
My guide Jackie does get a little spooked when entering the building. She and Chad both have had numerous sightings and paranormal activity in the building. We were also only allowed one group in there that night because of their Halloween parties, so Chad was the guide.
I had 4 groups going out that night, and I didn't even get the chance to explore the building myself.
The weekend you chose to come is the biggest weekend in Savannah for Halloween. The other 364 days out o the year, Moon River is pretty much available for the complete tour.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I joined Chad for the Boos & Brews tour on October 19, 2013. I wanted to hear about another dimension of Savannah. My husband was very nonchalant when I booked the tour. Boy did that change by the time the night was over! Chad, our guide, is an informative, charismatic, yet down-to-earth (pardon the pun) guide. He shared a great deal of verifiable, factual history smoothly balanced with individual and group experiences of otherworldly encounters.

While at the last stop, reported to be one of the most haunted locations in Savannah, my husband approached Chad & I, saying "I have to go. Something touched me. I'll be downstairs." I later discovered a couple of "hmmm, what is that?" anomalies I had captured there. We will DEFINITELY do this tour again if we have the opportunity!!!

I love it when someone has a paranormal experience on our tour, and shares it with the readers of TripAdvisor! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review.
As your tour guide Chad probably told you on tour, the night before he had another couple have a similar experience, but it was a little more drastic. The women was filming a pink mist descending down the staircase, when she literally felt like something had attacked her. She left just as quickly as you guys did. When she got outside the building, she had scratch marks on her back! They called me early the next morning with complete details. Moon River was very active with ghosts the weekend before Halloween.

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Last night me and my husband went on the Boos and Brews tour with Chad. It was by far the best ghost tour period we have ever been on! We spent our honeymoon in Savannah last year around the same time and went on 2 tours at that time, have been on countless ones in St. Augustine, and had been on another one in Savannah a couple of days before the Boos and Brews. Chad however was probably the best tour guide we have ever had. He was very knowledgeable about the history of Savannah and we learned lots of new things we didn't know before. None of his stories sounded like a cheap scare tactic and it sounded as though he had really done his research behind the stories to make sure they were as close to accurate as possible. We got to visit lots of cool places that weren't on the other tours and he shared a lot of his own experiences with us. The last pub crawl tour we went on in St. Augustine was a lot of fun but it was mainly centered on the drinking and there wasn't much to the tour other than that. However the Boos and Brews tour didn't use the booze aspect as a reason to skimp on the tour itself, it was interesting, informative and a lot of fun! Chad was awesome and we would highly recommend him and the tour to anyone :)

It makes me extremely happy and proud that you really enjoyed our tour! It seems you've done quite a bit of ghost tours, and the fact you liked ours the best, is just awesome.

I know what you mean by ghost/pub tours in St. Augustine. Tara Haunted Tours also has a location in St. Augustine, but it's strickly a ghost tour. It's called "City of the Dead - Dark History Tour" that is a 90 minute tour.
We've tried to do a pub/ghost tour there, but it's just not like Savannah. You don't have the freedom to walk with your drink in hand around the city. You have to fininsh it before leaving the bar in St. Augustine. All the pubs are extremely tiny inside, and waiting 20 minutes at one seems useless.

With our Savannah "Boos and Brews Tour", we allow pub breaks, but don't skimp on the stories at all. I believe that's what sets us apart from other tour companies. With them It's more about the drinking, and very little about the ghosts. We on the other hand are packed with ghost stories and go into some really cool places. Drinking is just a added perk to the tour!

Thanks again for the review,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Instead of a rehearsal dinner, we had the weird idea of getting everyone together for a ghost tour the night before our wedding. After finding Tara Haunted Tours to be highly recommended, I gave them a call and spoke to Tara, herself! She was very accommodating about our large (and indeterminate) group size. For no extra charge, we were given a private group tour of many, many locations in Savannah. I was impressed with the number of places we got to learn about - I've been on other tours and have visited less than half as many. We also had the benefit of an amazing tour guide. Chad showed infinite patience with our rowdy and distracted crowd. Many of the people in our group had not seen each other for years or were meeting for the first time, so it must have been hard to keep attention and make sure everyone kept moving along with the group. I have no doubt we ran over the allotted amount of time, but I never heard a word about it from him. Not only did we get good ghost stories, but a lot of local information and good recommendations on places to visit for food and drinks. I was even so surprised when Chad came downstairs to visit us the next day at our wedding reception in Moon River Brewery after a tour! Such great service is outstanding - I really felt cared for and will definitely be using Tara Tours next time we're in Savannah. I highly recommend them!

2  Thank lyoung88

It was a pleasure to set up this special ghost tour for your group. I have booked a lot of private tours through the years, but your was the most memorable!

Chad is a unique tour guide. It doesn't surprise me in the least that he stopped by the next night to see everyone again. I was so glad you were able to book your event at Moon River Brewing Company. That building just rocks when you have wedding reception held there. It was cool that he took your group in there the night before and was able to do the "ghost tour" portion of the building. Knowing Chad, he probably shared another story with you when he popped in to congratulate you on your nuptial.

Come back again next year for your Anniversary. We'd love to see you two again! -Tara & Chad

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I were recently able to take the Boos and Brews tour with Chad while visiting Savannah. The tour was excellent and we really had a blast!! Great combo of stopping for a few drinks (which is purely optional - but why not try some of the tavern specialities while you are out?) with a very fun and informative tour about Savannah's ghostly, paranormal side. Chad is a great guy - very personable and shared some great information. We stopped at four bars total (McDonoughs, 1790, Zunzi and Moon River Brewery)- a really great eclectic mix to get a neat vibe of the city while getting a great ghost tour. The culmination of the tour had us stopping at Moon River Brewery - I won't drag out the details here, but it is one of the most haunted spots in the city. We were actually able to go in and visit the basement (which I am told sometimes doesn't happen due to rented events - so we were lucky) as well as the upstairs area. All I can tell you is that many of us on the tour we able to capture orbs and had some interesting experiences. Chad does a great job of telling you where to take photos, how to take them to get the best shots/possibility for something on camera, etc. We took a number of tours while in town and this was awesome. The timing was well-paced and Chad did an excellent job of managing a large group of folks. Thanks for a great time!

Thank you for your heartfelt review. We are so glad you had such a blast on tour. It always makes me tremenously happy when a reviewer takes the time to post a review and mention that even though they took several tours while in Savannah, ours was the one they enjoyed the most.

I'm glad you were able to also get some unique pictures while on tour. It just seems Moon River never disappoints tour ghosts enthusiasts.

Thanks again,