“birthday trip to Savannah”
Review of Tara Haunted Tours

Tara Haunted Tours
Ranked #42 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Add a little "fright" to your night.......The Boos and Brews Ghost Tour. This haunted tour is definately for the vacationing Adult! Take a leisurely scary stroll through the heart of Savannah's Haunted Historic District. Walk around with your favorite adult beverage in hand, hear terrifying ghost stories, and actually go into old creepy buildings (Moon River Brewing Company and 17Hundred90 Inn) to experience these paranormal pub stories for yourself!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I wanted to say what an exciting and also educational tour this was, i came to Savannah to celebrate my birthday, and having this kind of exciting experience, and with a tour guide who really knew his stuff, Chad, made the trip much more exciting, i highly recommend this tour to anyone who visits Savannah in the future.

gablondewv, Manager at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Hello there again. I took your reservation over the phone and remember how excited you were for this ghost tour and to celebrate your birthday. Chad has a keen sense for making everyone feel extremely welcome, and he also gives a fantastic ghost tour to boot!

I'm glad your group had a great time and we would like to thank you for sharing your experience in such a fantastic review.

-Tara & Chad

All reviews
"the moon river brewing company"
"ghost stories"
in 28 reviews
"chills"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I loved the tour I went on with Jackie. She was very knowledgeable and had great ghost stories, as well as the fact that she shared a lot of info about Savannah's history. We saw some interesting buildings and the best part was the Moon River Brewing Company, which was the one place I really wanted to go inside and see after I had seen Ghost Adventures do a show in that building. The best part of the tour was the fact that I was finally able to capture an orb on my camera while we were downstairs at Moon River Brewing Co.! Sooo cool! Thanks for the great tour!

gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your tour with Jackie. She's an outstanding tou guide, and really enjoys her job immensely. She has a great passion for history and the paranormal.

I agree with you about going into Moon River Brewing Company. There's a reason so many ghost enthusiast are drawn to this building. It's one of the most haunted buildings in Savannah to tour, and we just happen to have it as a major stop on our Boos and Brews Ghost tour.

I've had tour guests capture moving orbs on film, full blown apparitions seen in full view, and a handful of people have been touched or hit by the unseen there in Moon River.

Jackie and I would like to personally thank you again for such an amazing review. Happy Haunting!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the second time I've done the Boos and Brews tour in Savannah, but this time I took my fiance and parents. And again, it was FANTASTIC. Chad knew everything about the city from the architecture to the hauntings. He had pictures with him for reference to show spirit sightings that were taken on his tour which was an awesome touch. My parents thoroughly enjoyed themselves and can't wait to come back to Savannah, my mom was enthralled the entire time. He also had bug spray with him which was very considerate! I plan on making the Boos and Brews tour a tradition because I've done other tours in Savannah and there's no comparison. The tour guides are very knowledgable, it's 21 and over (which means you don't have to worry about whiny kids or them getting too scared) and you can walk with a cocktail! You can't beat it.

gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thanks for the review. We're glad to see you enjoyed your second tour with us as much as the last time. Chad is a fantastic tour guide, and all ages seem to be enthralled with his tours. Chad really loves giving the ghost tours, and it shows in his presentation and knowledge,

We get asked periodically how long did it take us to learn all the information that we give on our tours. Our answer.......we're still researching and learning everyday. Ghost and history are such fascinating subjects. That's why every tour you take, even by the same tour guide, will have something new and interesting to benefit from.

Thanks again,
Tara & Chad

Reviewed July 5, 2013

What a great night out!!! Chad was a blast with his knowledge, stories, and examples of the paranormal. A walking tour is a much better way to experience the history of this haunted city than any "tourist" trolley adventure can provide. The added bonus of stopping at various pubs is priceless. My only suggestion would be that the pubs provide some kind of special pricing for the tour group. After going on the tour, I am a believer!!! Thanks again for a wonderful evening out in Savannah.

Thanks for you the great review. We to believe that an evening walking ghost tour is the way to see Savannah. I use to drive trolleys and give historic daytime tours, but when it's dark and you're doing a ghost tour, it just seems creepier when you can stand in front of the haunted buildings in question, and really take a good long look at it. It makes it easier for a great The bonus on this ghost tour is you get to go into a few buildings as well!

I see you mentioned the bars should have specials for the tour guests. 2 of our stops do! I don't know if you're strictly a beer drinker, but 1790 Inn has( 2 ) $3.00 shot specials (Savannah Flu shot and the Key Lime Pie shot). O'Connell's Pub has a $3.00 shot called the Pickle Back.

Thanks again,
Tara & Chad

See more reviews
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had friends visiting and looked for something fun to do. Heard great things about Tara Tours and wanted a fun night around the town PLUS you can drink! Our tourguide Chad was AMAZING!!! So knowledgeable and great charm and personality! He was amazing and made it so enjoyable.
So much fun we kept talking about it the next day. Def try Tara Tours and ask for Chad!!

Thanks for your review. Chad must of had an exceptional crowd on his July 4th Boos and Brews ghost tour! We got an email with pictures, and 2 reviews talking about what a great time everyone had. I believe it also depends on the crowd you have on your tour.
As I've stated in previous management responses, a local Savannahian is our toughest critic. The fact you brought friends from out of town and rocked the evening with Chad, only made me wish I was on that tour with you. I was thrilled you guys were still talking about it the next day!

Thanks again for your reveiw. it was very heartfelt on our end.
-Tara & Chad