“You Won't Be Sorry...”

Tara Haunted Tours
Ranked #44 of 149 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Add a little "fright" to your night.......The Boos and Brews Ghost Tour. This haunted tour is definately for the vacationing Adult! Take a leisurely scary stroll through the heart of Savannah's Haunted Historic District. Walk around with your favorite adult beverage in hand, hear terrifying ghost stories, and actually go into old creepy buildings (Moon River Brewing Company and 17Hundred90 Inn) to experience these paranormal pub stories for yourself!
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had the opportunity to go on a Tara Haunted Tour this past weekend as part of a bachelorette party and it was one of my favorite things we did in Savannah! I highly recommend booking this tour for groups and parties. We started the evening at a charming, little Irish pub and continued the laid back, strolling through the streets feel with our AWESOME tour guide Chad. He was a wealth of information and by the end of the night, it felt as if he were an old friend. He had his hands full with this group I assure you!
He provided us with great historical context on our tour and showed us some amazing sights. For the most part everyone was having a fun time, laughing and joking, enjoying the sites...but that all changed when we got to Moon River. I, myself, sensed a very strong presence in the room and when we got back to our house that night we saw several strange things in our pictures and videos!
I promise you that this group of Texas girls will never forget our first time in Savannah and Tara Haunted Tours was definitely a big part of that!

1  Thank Shannan P
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

We are so excited that you enjoyed your Haunted Bachelorette Tour with us. Chad said it was a real pleasure to show some Texas ladies around Savannah!
I agree with you about Moon River Brewing Company. That building definately has a paranormal presence in it. I would love to see some of your pictures.
Your review is greatly appreciated, and we would like to extend an open invitation for you to come back to Savannah.....anytime.

Thanks again,
Tara and Chad

Reviewed February 21, 2013

You HAVE to do this tour! So worth it! Tara, the owner is really "hands on," friendly & enthusiastic even just on the phone. We came from Baltimore. Drew, our tour guide was laid back, yet vibrant, informative & personable. What a way to end a perfect day! The Penultimate "nightcap!" Great stops, nightcaps, (you pay for your own,) potty breaks, and pic opportunities & our group was SMALL! Only 5 of us. Our group of three and another hip, young couple! (and no kids!) Really cool!

We had finished another spectacular (unrelated to Tara) historic tour during the day. i.e., Owens-Thomas house, Colonial Cemetery. On our own, we decided to have dinner at 17hundred90 just an hour and a half before our tour with Drew. Ironically, our Boos & Brews tour took us through the same...only at night. That's not a bad thing. It was really, really neat! Literally to see "Day and Night" as our travels took us. Pardon the pun, but those spots do take a different life at night.

The "piece' de resistance," for particularly me and my friends was Moon River Brewing Co. Extremely cool, and Extremely creepy! In my case, it was "watch what you wish for 'cause you just might get it." I did.

I follow the paranormal, followed the shows about Moon River. All throughout the evening tour nothing, but then again, expected "nothing." I was o.k. with that and just wanted to say I was there. However, while in the basement Drew was giving the history and the haunt and talking about "Toby" and "James Stark." Apparently, James Stark wasn't a very nice guy. I'm video taping Drew while he's telling his tale. My friends are to my right, the other couple to my left. We are few feet away from each other. I notice my 3/4 full battery drain suddenly. I was then forcibly pushed forward from my right shoulder, lurching hard forward and camera flew from my hand. (I had hand band on.) The camera needed to be reset and required a new battery. Startled everyone. I was cool. More caught off guard than scared. Immediately after, my friend started taking photos. Upon review, she has a photograph of a large orb next to the old bank vault. I still need to review my video and particularly my audio for EVP.

Wow! What a ride! The upstairs is creepy beautiful. Currently under renovation, it's a walk through time. The pub itself is spectacular and offers a gazillion different delicious home brews.

Drew, you're the best! thank you for spending a little bit more time with us at the end of the tour. Tara, congratulations on a great operation!

K. Kane, Baltimore, MD

2  Thank Sit_Us_In_Kane
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

I absolutely love it when a tour guest has a paranornal experience on our tour! You were so cool to talk to when I made your reservation, and I really enjoyed the indepth phone call a few days later, relating to my tour guide Drew and the "encounters" you had at Moon River Brewing Company.
I can't wait to look at the evidence you captured on film. I think it's also amazing that something physical happened to you as well, and you weren't to freaked out by it, but embraced it as a cool experience. We've had some people run out of the building, or fall on the ground screaming before on tour when something comes at them. You handled yourself very well.
People have asked me several times what it's like to be grabbed by something unseen, I tell them it's very scary. It's different each time, but your mind goes into overtime. You try to rationalize the situation while rubbing your arm that was just scratched, knowing that something had to do it. We even had a man get slapped in the face upstairs. I've had tour guides and guests get their hair pulled and things brush up against their legs. Huge black shadows have come rushing right at a person in that basement and have even knocked people over. In your case it tapped your shoulder and knocked the camera out of your hand.
Thank you so much for the review and the phone call. I will let Drew know how much you enjoyed his tour.
-Tara

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a very fun tour do late night! My husband and me loved it! It was very informative and interesting even if you are a little tipsy! Our tour guide Chad was awesome!! Would recommend you do this tour especially if you like to drink! We made plenty of stops for beer and restrooms.

1  Thank Leslie W
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thanks for the review. We are so glad you enjoyed the ghost tour. Chad is an amazing tour guide, and he really takes you into some pretty cool establishments. Thank you for the time it took to write the review. it means the world to us that you had a blast on it.
-Tara & Chad

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have a lot of good memories at this bar. I tasted my first apricot ale beer here and spent fun times with friends and family here. I came during a busy time and it was not very fun. The service was fair and the beer was so so. I still appreciate the beautiful decor. It just was not the same.

I believe this review should go with the "bar" you are writing about. We do ghost tours, and there is no mention of my guide, or about our tour in question, only a bar. The apricot beer does sound good though. I might have to make a few phone calls and see who offers that.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just went with a group of my friends and we had an awesome time! Not only is the price perfect, but we enjoyed every aspect of our evening to include our tour guide. He was knowledgeable about the ghosts and history,with plenty of time to enjoy our drinks! Even if you are a skeptic the knowledge about Savannah was great something I learned outside of girl scouts! Want to say more , but do not want to give it away! Just do it!

2  Thank Cassandra K
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the awesome review. I remember making your reservation for you on the phone. I believe you were part of the Military/Police Officer Wives group. My tour guide Chad said you were an extremely fun group to tour with! We're so glad you had a great time. Come back again anytime.
Thanks again,