“A great tour for something to do late night and to have a drink at the same time!”
Review of Tara Haunted Tours

Tara Haunted Tours
Ranked #45 of 143 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Add a little "fright" to your night.......The Boos and Brews Ghost Tour. This haunted tour is definately for the vacationing Adult! Take a leisurely scary stroll through the heart of Savannah's Haunted Historic District. Walk around with your favorite adult beverage in hand, hear terrifying ghost stories, and actually go into old creepy buildings (Moon River Brewing Company and 17Hundred90 Inn) to experience these paranormal pub stories for yourself!
Concord, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a very fun tour do late night! My husband and me loved it! It was very informative and interesting even if you are a little tipsy! Our tour guide Chad was awesome!! Would recommend you do this tour especially if you like to drink! We made plenty of stops for beer and restrooms.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Leslie W
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thanks for the review. We are so glad you enjoyed the ghost tour. Chad is an amazing tour guide, and he really takes you into some pretty cool establishments. Thank you for the time it took to write the review. it means the world to us that you had a blast on it.
-Tara & Chad

Hammock Beach
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Bar of Memories”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have a lot of good memories at this bar. I tasted my first apricot ale beer here and spent fun times with friends and family here. I came during a busy time and it was not very fun. The service was fair and the beer was so so. I still appreciate the beautiful decor. It just was not the same.

Visited February 2013
I believe this review should go with the "bar" you are writing about. We do ghost tours, and there is no mention of my guide, or about our tour in question, only a bar. The apricot beer does sound good though. I might have to make a few phone calls and see who offers that.
Hinesville, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Forget all the other tours!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just went with a group of my friends and we had an awesome time! Not only is the price perfect, but we enjoyed every aspect of our evening to include our tour guide. He was knowledgeable about the ghosts and history,with plenty of time to enjoy our drinks! Even if you are a skeptic the knowledge about Savannah was great something I learned outside of girl scouts! Want to say more , but do not want to give it away! Just do it!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Cassandra K
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the awesome review. I remember making your reservation for you on the phone. I believe you were part of the Military/Police Officer Wives group. My tour guide Chad said you were an extremely fun group to tour with! We're so glad you had a great time. Come back again anytime.
Thanks again,
Tara & Chad
Birmingham, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great tour, Chad is the man!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My friend did some research and suggested we take this Boo's and Brews tour. Chad was our guide and he did a great job, you could tell he was interested and well versed about all the stops. The stops weren't too far apart and there was always a chance to grab a beer and run to the bathroom. My favorite stop was Moon River Brewery but we only got to check out the basement since there was an event that night upstairs. But Chad offered to get our phone number and text us the next day when his tour was back at Moon River. Along with Moon River we went back and visited most of the stops later in our trip. I highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to learn more about Savannah's history, hear some ghost stories, or just want a cool pub crawl.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Jarred F
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks for the great review. We're so glad you enjoyed your tour. Once in awhile, Moon River will have functions held at their restaurant, but they always let my tour company know well in advance. After all.....they are the most haunted location to go into and tour when you do a ghost tour in Savannah with us.
I am so blessed to have an amazing Tour Guide like Chad, that really cares about his tour group, and is willing to show you the area that you missed the next night on tour. I believe that's what sets us apart from other companies. Our tour guides are knowledgeable, love what they do (and it shows), and treat you as one of their own.
I will be sure to pass along this review to Chad. He will be very pleased you had a good time on his ghost tour.
-Tara & Chad
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best informative tour!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We bought a groupon for this tour and it was about 3 hours of information. We stopped at the cemetery, and eventually made our way to Moon River. All the stops along the way were very interesting. I do realize that the more people that take flash photography, the more orbs you will find, so the best proof is a picture without flash! It was an amazing tour!

2 Thank Shadowbird92
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your tour. I noticed that you said you purchased a groupon for this tour, so I want to make sure that credit goes where it should. We don't offer groupons for any of our Tara Haunted Tours in Georgia or in our Florida locations. Maybe you used your groupon for something else in Savannah. We do go by the Colonial Park Cemetery, and Moon River Brewing Company on tour though as you stated.