“Forget all the other tours!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tara Haunted Tours
Ranked #45 of 141 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Add a little "fright" to your night.......The Boos and Brews Ghost Tour. This haunted tour is definately for the vacationing Adult! Take a leisurely scary stroll through the heart of Savannah's Haunted Historic District. Walk around with your favorite adult beverage in hand, hear terrifying ghost stories, and actually go into old creepy buildings (Moon River Brewing Company and 17Hundred90 Inn) to experience these paranormal pub stories for yourself!
Hinesville, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Forget all the other tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just went with a group of my friends and we had an awesome time! Not only is the price perfect, but we enjoyed every aspect of our evening to include our tour guide. He was knowledgeable about the ghosts and history,with plenty of time to enjoy our drinks! Even if you are a skeptic the knowledge about Savannah was great something I learned outside of girl scouts! Want to say more , but do not want to give it away! Just do it!

2 Thank Cassandra K
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the awesome review. I remember making your reservation for you on the phone. I believe you were part of the Military/Police Officer Wives group. My tour guide Chad said you were an extremely fun group to tour with! We're so glad you had a great time. Come back again anytime.
Thanks again,
Tara & Chad

Birmingham, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great tour, Chad is the man!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My friend did some research and suggested we take this Boo's and Brews tour. Chad was our guide and he did a great job, you could tell he was interested and well versed about all the stops. The stops weren't too far apart and there was always a chance to grab a beer and run to the bathroom. My favorite stop was Moon River Brewery but we only got to check out the basement since there was an event that night upstairs. But Chad offered to get our phone number and text us the next day when his tour was back at Moon River. Along with Moon River we went back and visited most of the stops later in our trip. I highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to learn more about Savannah's history, hear some ghost stories, or just want a cool pub crawl.

2 Thank Jarred F
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thanks for the great review. We're so glad you enjoyed your tour. Once in awhile, Moon River will have functions held at their restaurant, but they always let my tour company know well in advance. After all.....they are the most haunted location to go into and tour when you do a ghost tour in Savannah with us.
I am so blessed to have an amazing Tour Guide like Chad, that really cares about his tour group, and is willing to show you the area that you missed the next night on tour. I believe that's what sets us apart from other companies. Our tour guides are knowledgeable, love what they do (and it shows), and treat you as one of their own.
I will be sure to pass along this review to Chad. He will be very pleased you had a good time on his ghost tour.
-Tara & Chad
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best informative tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We bought a groupon for this tour and it was about 3 hours of information. We stopped at the cemetery, and eventually made our way to Moon River. All the stops along the way were very interesting. I do realize that the more people that take flash photography, the more orbs you will find, so the best proof is a picture without flash! It was an amazing tour!

2 Thank Shadowbird92
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your tour. I noticed that you said you purchased a groupon for this tour, so I want to make sure that credit goes where it should. We don't offer groupons for any of our Tara Haunted Tours in Georgia or in our Florida locations. Maybe you used your groupon for something else in Savannah. We do go by the Colonial Park Cemetery, and Moon River Brewing Company on tour though as you stated.
Lake Worth, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“really creeped out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

georganne, a native from savannah, guided us, beer in hand, on a tour of old savannah. she was great, and full of historical info. it was very cold, and we were the only ones on the tour. this is a WALKING tour, so be prepared with comfy shoes. we walked around the perimeter of the cemetery , then to the 1790 inn, and the kehoe house, and ended at moon river brewery. you can get another beer at 1790 house if you are thirsty. creepy stories, and lots of history! This is not a "cheesy" ghost tour. take lots of photos (flash helps!). I was a bit disappointed that we couldn't actually go into the cemetery (closed), or into the kehoe house or the allegedly "haunted" room at 1790 house(we stayed in the bar. I asked if we could explore, but we sadly could not), but as long as the tour ends at Moon River brewing you are all set! Moon River was amazing, and truly HAUNTED. We were taken into the basement, where I immediately felt nauseous (not from the beer). There was one room in particular, where we could not enter, it felt so sad and made us feel sick. At one point we heard what I could only describe as a medium sized dog running around above us. You could hear the claws on the floor. But above us is the bar on the second floor, and the BCS national championship game was on, and there were no dogs up there, I checked, only people. Georganne then took us up to the third floor, which is unfinished, and looks like an abandoned building. It is seriously creepy. There is an unmistakable "weirdness" about the place, and I have no doubt in my mind that there is paranormal activity going on in there. We had an amazing time, and left truly scared. We went back to McDonoughs pub (who has an amazing staff BTW) and had dinner afterwards. A really cool experience-

3 Thank jetrun4327
Thanks for the awesome review. Georgeann (your guide) has worked with me for many years. I believe it really makes a huge difference when a Savannah native who absolutely loves her job, gives such a great ghost tour. Her family has deep ancestrial roots like my family does, and it can give you an edge over other companies, who don't have that inside track of knowledge that comes with being a local with tons of personal history.
I am so glad you took the time to write the review for us. it really means a lot to myself and Georgeann, that you enjoyed your ghosy tour with us in Savannah!
-Tara Ryan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

First of all, Savannah was a bit of a last minute stop so we had to try and find things to do at the last minute. We called Tara in the morning, left a message, and we were promptly called back upon their offices opening. We said it was late notice and we were still let in for an evening tour that same night.

We met George Ann at a local bar. She was a hoot if you really listened to her. My mom, sister, and I found ourselves laughing at a few things she said when nobody else was. She was a proud local and had all sorts of stories if you asked her about something. We wanted to actually see some of the city which we were able to do on this tour. There was no rushing and our group kept a leisure pace.

I would recommend this tour and this tour company to anybody traveling through Savannah. Thanks so much.

-Dina

1 Thank Dinan913
That was so nice of you to write us this review. I remember talking with you on the phone. You seemed so cool and really into the ghost of Savannah. There was no way I was going to let you miss our tour. We usually cap our tours at 20 people, but since this wasn't a private tour, we were able to add you right on. That;s one thing about our tour company....you always get a "live" person on the phone. Unlike other tour companies who require you to book everything online, we offer that personal touch and are prompt at getting back to you. Thanks for noticing that.
I'm so glad you enjoyed Georgeann as your Tour Guide. She is an original Savannahian, with a long history of deep family roots, just like my family. She really gets into the Ghost/Dark side of Savannah's history. She is quite the story teller. I will make sure to let her know that you enjoyed her tour.
Thanks,