“Chad was great!”

Tara Haunted Tours
Ranked #45 of 143 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Add a little "fright" to your night.......The Boos and Brews Ghost Tour. This haunted tour is definately for the vacationing Adult! Take a leisurely scary stroll through the heart of Savannah's Haunted Historic District. Walk around with your favorite adult beverage in hand, hear terrifying ghost stories, and actually go into old creepy buildings (Moon River Brewing Company and 17Hundred90 Inn) to experience these paranormal pub stories for yourself!
Evans, Georgia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Chad was great!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We did the Brews and Boos tour on Thanksgiving weekend and had a blast with Chad as our guide. He did an excellent job of telling ghost stories and was very knowledgeable about the area. We had a large group, but he made sure we had all gathered around him within ear shot to hear what he had to say so nobody felt left out or like they were missing something. Make sure to take a camera. We only had our cellphones and the pics didn't turn out as nice as they would have an a 'real' camera. Highly recommend this tour! Fun time!

Our only disappointment was when the group stopped at an Irish Pub near the Planters Inn. The bartenders were not friendly, bordering on rude and overcharged us when they messed up 1 of our drinks. Other than that, great time!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank beachlivin2
gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thanks for the review and for also joing me on my facebook. I hope you enjoyed panning through our ghost gallery on there. All of those pictures were taken on our ghost tours by our tour guests themselves.

I did have contact with the owner of the bar in question. He dates one of our family members, and was appalled at what happened. We do take our tours very seriously, and don't want anything to upset our customers. I have been assured that when a Tara Haunted Tour group comes into his establishment, they will be treated with their usual smiling faces and quick service. Thanks for the heads up.

I let Chad know about the review and he was thrilled. We are so glad you had a blast on the tour and really enjoyed it.

Tara & Chad

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Enjoyable evening walk!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We took the boos and brews tour. It was quite enjoyable. We saw some haunted landmarks, heard some ghost stories, had some spirits, and learned some history of the city along the way. It was a fun night.

gablondewv, Owner at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for writing the review. Your tour guide was Georgeann. She called me the next day and told me what a wonderful time she had with you on tour. I see you took her up on her recommendation to eat at the Olde Pink House for dinner. That place is amazing. I also see that you were staying at my Great-Great Grandfather's house (William Kehoe House) while in Savannah. If you have any ghost stories to share or want to hear some from 7 generations ago, just call our office and I'll be glad to fill you in.
-Tara Kehoe Ryan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent tour..Omer is awesome”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We had a blast on the pub tour with Omer,he was very knowledgeable and informative,we learned so much about savannah and there wasn't a question he couldn't answer,we were the last couple in our group and he even walked us back to our accomodation giving us a wonderful history lesson on the way..thanks again omer

1 Thank Wellardikov
Thanks for the review. Omer is an amazing history tour guide by day, and does a fantastic job with the Boos and Brews Ghost Tour at night. He truly believes in giving a well rounded tour. Something that pleases everyone in the crowd. He's a true southern gentleman, and it shows in his performance on tour, and with his tour guests afterwards.
It makes us so happy that you took the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your tour.
Tara & Omer
Orange Park, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Omer was awesome!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I have gone to Savannah for years and we usually take at least one tour while we are there. This was our first haunted pub tour and we really enjoyed it. Omer was very knowledgeable and personable. One could tell that he really enjoys his job! Tara also gave us 2 dollars off of our tickets and suggested the Savannah Flu Shot at the 1790. It was great! I also am a tour guide and I do a hearse tour in St Augustine. I would recommend this tour for anyone who wants not only Ghost Stories, but to learn about Savannah history as well. As a matter of fact at our B&B at breakfast the next day, we did recommend the tour and suggested they request Omer if they go. We had lots of fun for a very economical price.

2 Thank Witchiewoman71
gablondewv, Manager at Tara Haunted Tours, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. I remember talking with you and making your reservation on the phone. I am so glad you enjoyed your tour. I'm sure I mentioned we also have tours in St. Augustine. I've done a private Hearse Tour there once, and had a really great time.
Waterloo, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My friends and I took the Boos and Brews tour on 10/26. Chad our guide was great. Very personable and knowledgeable. Lots of interesting stories. We have been on 3 or 4 different tours in the previous years with other companies, and we still learnt lots of new things on this tour. Highlight was the Moon River pub. An excellent tour. One of the best we have been on!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jackie50701
Thank you so much for the awesome review. It's really great to hear when someone has already done so many other tours in the city, and actually wrote a review about ours being the best. I also like the photos you posted on tripadvisor as well. Pretty sweet pics.
I'll let Chad know how much you enjoyed his tour. He'll be pretty stoked about it.
Tara