“Tranquil and tremendous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
New York
“Tranquil and tremendous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2006

I recently stayed at the Kehoe House. I am a single woman and am always look to stay somewhere that is convenient and safe. I also wanted to stay somewhere elegant and period. The Kehoe House met all of my needs and exceeded my expectations. The staff is genuinely kind, efficient, courteous and vigilant without being pushy. They watched to make sure that I was in safely every night and that all my needs were met. The rooms are gorgeous and elegant without being overdone. The whole inn is spotlessly clean. The beds are large and extremely luxurious. The breakfasts are sumptious and the wine and cheese/cocktail hour is ample and delicious -such that I didn't feel the need to go out for dinner for 2 of the nights of my stay. Finally, The Kehoe House is so wonderfully located- I am not really a walker, but was able to access any part of the city in minutes from it's prime location on Columbia Square. I hope to return to Savannah someday in the future. If I do, I plan to stay at the Kehoe House. (Thanks Tatiana)

• Stayed April 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dancequeen103

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2006

My husband and I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and were not sure if we would like to until we stayed at the Kehoe House. We were very impressed by the elegant beauty of the house and also the cleanliness of every room. The staff was wonderful and very attentive. Sara, the inn keeper was so sweet and Elisabeth and the other memebers of the staff were great and very helpful with dinner reservations and suggestions of things to see and do. Excellent made to order breakfast served until 10:30 am and great wine and snacks at cocktail hour. Loved the history of the place and also the "ghost stories". It was truely a fantastic experience. My one and only complaint was that they were filming a commercial at the time, and the downstair dining room and palor were taken over by tv crew and cameras the second day we were there. I would definitely recommend staying at the Kehoe House, but only if there were no events taking place during stay.

• Stayed January 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Lady13
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2005

What a beautiful, wonderful, fabulous way to spend a weekend! The rooms are beautifully furnished, extremely comfortable, breakfast delicious and beautifully presented, staff incredible, lovely afternoon wine and cheese (with yummy hors d'oeuvres) and fabulous piano. On return to the room you don't get the mint on your pillow. It's much better! Can't say enough about this hotel and have stayed in many many fine places. Somebody's definitely doing something right! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank AlaShug
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2005

My fiance' and I stayed at the Kehoe house just a few days ago. This was the first bed and breakfast either of us had ever stayed at and was wonderful. From the moment we arrived, the furnishings in the room was wonderful, and the bed...was out of this world.

The breakfasts were wonderful and filling, with a choice of french toast, pancakes, or eggs with waffels. The finger foods at 4pm was very nice to help before dinner.

The staff was wonderful, would highly recommend staying at this B&B anytime. We will definatley be back.

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
dallas tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2005

We try to stay in interesting places when we visit new cities, and the Kehoe House is our absolute favorite. We were blown away with the rooms and the superior service. My fiancee and I chose to stay here after seeing their impressive website. We loved every single room in the place and had an impossible time choosing just one! We adored the bed/linens, they were absolutely scrumptious. It convinced us to invest in new linens and bathrobes. We were addicted to the Peach tea, so we had to buy some to brew at home. Breakfast was lovely and delicious. The manager was extremely helpful providing any information we needed. The location was ideal for our tourist activities. Highly recommend!!!!

• Stayed September 2004
7 Thank cathena
Delray Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2005

Highly recommended. There were 6 of us and we all enjoyed our stay there. Everything was top notch: the personnel, the rooms, the wine tasting, the breakfast, etc. All without being stuffy - we were very comfortable. We will stay there again next time we go to Savannah.

• Stayed March 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank LuluTT
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2005

Stayed one weekend last autumn while in Savannah for a wedding. Excellent place. Gorgeously appointed inside and equally beautiful landscaping outside. Stayed in one of the "below ground" rooms which I was wary of before arriving. It was terrific though. Warning: no smoking anywhere inside the building. There is a porch for smoking outside.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member