“pretty house, great location”

The Kehoe House - A Boutique Inn
Ranked #1 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Kehoe is in the historic district, but on a quiet square. It was a perfect place to stay, we walked almost everywhere. The breakfasts were good, we stayed on the third floor in the Fiore room, and the large balcony was great! The staff was helpful and friendly. For the price the bathroom could have been a little nicer, I would never bath in the tub, but the rest of the hotel was very nice.

2  Thank Nesad

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had a very enjoyable three day stay at the Kehoe House. All of the staff were very pleasant to deal with and were outstanding in the level of service to their guests. We managed to peek into many of the other rooms while there and they were all as charming as the room we had. The breakfasts were a real treat. The bed was very comfortable. Both the breakfast and the complementary wine and snack hour in the afternoon gave us an opportunity to meet many of the other guests which added to the congeniality of the whole experience. We will be back and tell our friends about this lovely house.

2  Thank Meg745
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I loved the Kehoe house. The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home and assisted us with every detail. I felt as though I could have asked anything at all and been accommodated! The tall, imposing building that is the Kehoe made it often easy for us to find our way home when slightly lost! Our room was so beautiful, I really can't find anything to say in the negative!! The breakfasts were incredible, everyday something different! The wine and cheese reception is really what you make of it. Some days I didn't feel like socializing and was able to dissapear to the balcony with complementary wine and muchies. Nice. I have looked over the reviews and really can't understand the negatives, we loved it. We stayed in the James Pierpont room which is downstairs and yes, upstairs would have been better but that is of course, why those rooms cost more!! Having said that, downstairs has the bonus of being cool, a lovely retreat from the heat in Savannah.
I would definatly stay here again!!

4  Thank Narelle K
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were recently married at the Kehoe House. The thoughtfulness and professionalism exhibited by all the staff members was remarkable. Incredibly quick responses to questions or requests. Many thanks to Susie and Phil for their extraordinary support. Our stay was wonderful! We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Littlebird333
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Kehoe House was our main destination for Honeymoon. We wanted to explore
Savannah and stay at a B&B. It wasn't until after making the reservation that I heard it was haunted! The Kehoe house itself was absolutely magnificent! Our room in the front left on 2nd floor(can't remember the name right now) was awesome. We lovd the pillows! I still haven't found pillows like theirs! The food was great for breakfast. We loved meeting other people from around the country. We did get to go to one afternoon tea but for some reason the day we arrived thre wasn't one. We did have a mishap with ordering a horse and buggy for a romantic stroll through the front desk. Someone dropped the ball and it never happened but they sent us champagne and an apology letter. There was always someone different at the front desk and some of the people did not know there way around Savannah. It took 3 days to finally get directions to a bank. Now is it haunted? I was kind of on edge and excited and we even took a ghost tour. The morning we were to leave at 6 am we were awakend by a swoosh. actually got scared and had my husband check after we also heard footsteps in the hall. But to my dismay it was not a ghost but our bill! LOL! it was August 2011 but they wodn't let me choose that below. Oh and it was hot!

Room Tip: Our room was huge the 2nd floor left side with a veranda
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sheila L
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The staff were helpful. The breakfast was amazing. My sister and her husband stayed in a room across the hall. In the future, I will select rooms that share a veranda with family rather than leave it to chance that we will have pleasant neighbors sharing the veranda. That man was an a-hole!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Laura R
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband planned this awesome surprise trip to Savannah for our anniversary, so we were really excited about the mini vacation! When we arrived we thought everything was great! The place was really pretty, the front desk gentleman was very pleasant and our room was on the second level (the most "haunted" ha)! The front desk guy even set us up with an awesome ghost tour, which was great!

Things went down hill the second night we stayed when I called for room service to get some ice and an additional blanket. It was at night but not too late, but I guess they send their maids home early for some reason because the front desk guy answered. He said he would love to help and to come downstairs with my ice bucket for him to fill it up.... ME? Come downstairs?! I was perplexed but went downstairs in my PAJAMAS to get the stuff. Once there the blanket was waiting for me and he took the bucket to get it filled very quickly.. however, he had the nerve to then say "Do you need help with carrying that to your room?".... I about flipped out!! He should have carried it all up to my room to begin with!! One big dent in the customer service!

And now that we have left... we are struggling with their billing! We booked through Hotels.com and they charged us right off the bat the way that they do. No surprise there. But since then, we have been charged by the Kehoe house TWICE!!!! Over $800 dollars above what we already paid!!! Its ridiculous!!!

Overall the trip was nice, but all this drama at the end is a bit over the top... not sure if we will be going back or not...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple