“Foley Inn & Savannah.....Perfect Match”
Review of Foley House Inn

and 1 more site!
Foley House Inn
Ranked #8 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Pelham, Ga
Reviewed January 5, 2006

This was a much needed trip...some "together" time. We knew we didn't want a hotel setting. This was my Christmas present, so I wanted something special and that's exactly what I got. I actually emailed The Lady and Sons and they recommended your Inn. It was more than we expected and felt so "homey". The whole layout is so elegant, but yet, you're made to feel very comfortable and relaxed. The breakfast, tea time, and evening wine and snacks were so tasty and the guests that we met during these social times were so friendly. We all enjoyed each other's company...along with the innkeepers on duty. I did not get the names of the woman and younger man that took care of us, but they couldn't have been any nicer or more helpful.....from making our dinner reservations to getting us a bottle of water. We will definitely be coming back this year to celebrate the New Year's holiday again, at the Foley Inn. Thanks for a wonderfully, romantic experience.

Tammy & Craig Bentley

Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Foley House Inn

Reviewed January 2, 2006

The Foley House Inn added to the historic charm of our Savannah Christmas/New Year's romantic get-away. Wine, rose-petals on the bed, flowers in the room, fireplace, super-size jacuzzi, gourmet breakfasts, afternoon tea/sweets, sherry, carriage ride, Bistro Savannah, Mrs Wilkes boarding house, Gone with the Wind memorabilia, Forrest Gump bench site nearby, 'ghost stories', and oh, did I mention CHOCOLATES!!! Special thanks to all especially Daniel, Julia, Jackie, and Vickie.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank snogck
Huntersville, NC
Reviewed December 26, 2005

The Foley Inn was one of the most comfortable Inns I have ever stayed at. The service was amazing, staff was so attentative and friendly, atmosphere was inviting and relaxing. I will deifinately stay at the Foley Inn again when in Savannah!

Stayed: December 2005
Newtown Square, Pa
Reviewed December 26, 2005

My wife had talked about going to Savannah for vacation. So. I surprised her and took her to Savannah for our 25th wedding anniversary. I asked my travel agent to recommend an elegant, yet relaxful place to stay. She recommended Foley Hiuse Inn. She was right! Foley House was eleganr and very comfortable. Not one of those "stuffy" places. The people; from the owners to the waitresses, to the house maids, were very friendly and made us fell right at home. The rooms were elegant and very clean. The location of the Foley House Inn is an added benefit as it is within walking distance to everything. It is in the middle of Historical Savannah. My wife and I were able to walk every where except for the night the Foley House Inn arranged a Ghost Story Carriage ride around Historical Savannah. I would very highly recommend Foley House Inn to anyone who is looking for an elogant, yet relaxing place to stay in Savannah.

Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 9, 2005

Having never stayed in an Inn/B&B before, we thoroughly enjoyed the Foley House. We particularly liked meeting people at tea time, happy hour, and at breakfast. So much more interesting and personal than staying in a conventional hotel where you never see or meet your neighbour (now you know I'm Canadian, eh?).
The innkeepers and staff were all very friendly and accommodating, and well-organized with touring and restaurant recommendations.
The rooms were comfortable and nicely decorated. It is an old house, so the wear & tear you would expect does show but we still found it to be high quality.
Savannah is a great city, probably our favourite on a tour of Asheville,Charleston, Savannah, St. Augustine (great city as well). It is a great pedestrian city, and very pretty with the public gardens/squares which dot every 2nd intersection. Very genteel, very peaceful, very romantic. Great history and old buildings.
We will go back.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank mikemniki
Arlington, VA
Reviewed November 17, 2005

We had two nights in the Foley House in early Nov. '05. It was a great place to stay while visiting Savannah, perfectly located. Good assistance for booking dinner reservations and local tours. The social hours were quite enjoyable, and the proprietors even followed up on our request for one of the hors'doeuvres recipes with an email a few days after we left. All in all, highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 7, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Foley House for our 5th Wedding Anniversary on October 7th. My main complaint was the way I was treated by Don the Inn Keeper. My wife and I are in our mid 30's and we were wearing comfortable clothes for our 2 hour trip north from St Augustine Florida. I felt from the moment we arrived we were looked down upon because of our age and/or attire (we had on shorts,t-shirts and sneakers). In reality we are both employed by Fortune 100 companies. Furthermore we have a net value close to 7 digits.... The main issue started when I booked a room with a fire place (rm 205) as I thought it would be romantic. When I went to turn it on I realized the gas was off. I approached Don and asked would they be able to turn the gas on. He said they do on November 1st. He then went to double check with his wife and had the audacity to shoosh me and then repeated that they can not do anything about my request. We had brought 5 candles and we just placed them in the fireplace which provided the same affect. The damage was done by the way and tone it was handled.

All in all the Foley House is quaint but Mr. Inn Keeper was a poor host to my wife & I. His wife (Beryl) on the other hand was very nice and helped partialy salvage our experience.

We would not go back or recommend this property to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2005