“Lovely!”
Review of Foley House Inn

Foley House Inn
Ranked #7 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My 14-year-old daughter and I recently spent two nights at the Foley House Inn for a girls getaway. It was a very nice stay. Breakfast was tasty, the hotel was clean, we felt like we had lots of privacy, and the room was absolutely beautiful! We really liked the fireplace (the weather was bitter-cold) and the canopy bed - the room was 303 Waltham Forest (you can see it online in the Deluxe Rooms category). I'll be back with my husband in the future!

Room Tip: 303 Waltham Forest is very nice - feminine.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We loved this place. We have stayed at several B&B's in Savannah but none compare to the Foley Inn.
Christine and Tyler were awesome! The whole staff is so friendly and warm.
I felt like I was at home from the minute we arrived. Breakfast was awesome. The afternoon treats were great. Tyler reccomended great restaurants such as "Local"
We are definitly going back to the Foley Inn

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HollyR1264
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Foley House Inn this past weekend. From the moment we checked in Chiquita and Tyler could not have been more helpful. Chiquita even went so far as to have some Coors Lite Beer the next night after my husband tried wine at Happy Hour and declared he was remaining a beer drinker. The Afternoon Tea and Happy Hour are very nice touches although I must say the Zeigler House Inn beats the Foley on the Tea and Happy Hour offerings. They are good but nothing like the pictures on the website suggest. However the breakfast was very nice both mornings. The cheese grits were outstanding. The servers super nice. (Zeigler House does not offer a full breakfast only an assortment of baked goods in your room). I cannot even express how much we loved the Room 301 Easton Lodge. From the location where we were able to look down on Chippewa Square to the comfortable king size bed to the gas fireplace! It was bliss. We hated to leave it so housekeeping could come in and do their thing :). The bathroom was wonderful. We enjoyed the oversize jacuzzi tub several times and giggled at the "Throne" (you had to go up three steps to get to the commode). One guest last May wrote a negative review about Room 301 specifically the bathroom location/layout. I totally disagree with it (as did many reviewers after that post). There are dividers you can pull for privacy. The commode is well away from the bedroom and you do not need to be having people up in your room for drinks anyway when there are several parlors and courtyards to socialize in. I intend to post some bathroom pictures for future guests reference. When we were leaving my husband said "We will be back for our anniversary in October" :) :)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I visited Savannah for the first time for a long weekend getaway. The Foley House Inn was the perfect choice! From the moment we arrived, the staff was helpful, knowledgable, and pleasant (thanks especially to Alice for her southern hospitality)! Our room (Suffolk) was perfect: clean, romantic, and spacious. The location of the Foley House Inn is perfect for those that enjoy the historic side of Savannah and is situated within walking distance of everything! We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Christine and Tyler were unbelivable. I was taking a Paula Dean tour and had not yet checked-in or printed my pass. Christine jumped right in and called them, printed my pass and had everything ready for me. The room was incredible and everything there was spotless. I hope someday i can make another trip back to the Low-Country and spend some more time at Foley Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The best part of the experience was the staff: friendly, attentive, eager to help. They were great at offering suggestions and solving problems.
The location was another plus. Not only was it picturesque, facing one of the twenty-three town squares in Savannah, it was also easy walking distance to dozens of restaurants and attractions. On Saturday night we walked a block to the Savannah Theater and saw a wonderful show.
The breakfasts were tasty, followed by afternoon pastries and tea, then late afternoon appetizers and wine. We enjoyed a late night glass of port. We came away feeling pampered.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid a lot of steps, try room 203.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PHL25
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our weekend getaway to Savannah was made perfect with the ambiance and location of the Foley House Inn. Christine was most accommodating and efficient as our host, while Mrs. D and the rest if the staff lavished us with genuine Southern hospitality. We have been spoiled by this experience!

• Stayed: February 2013