“Room for Improvement”
Review of Foley House Inn

Foley House Inn
Ranked #7 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2011

When we arrived our room was not ready yet, which we understood since we were early. Being that this was our first time to Savannah GA. we didn't know what to do. When we tried to find something to do while we waited, the staff member suggested we take the Trolley Tour. After an hour of trying to locate a pick up spot we were informed that we could have been picked up at the Inn, in over a 100 degree weather this would have been extremely nice to have known at the Inn when the tour was suggested! Upon return after our tour we were greeted at the door by a very pleasant young man by the name of Tyler. He was very helpful in carrying our bags to our room and very informative throughout the evening, He was unfortunately the only staff member that stood out and sadly that was the only time in our four night stay that we saw him. We notified Tyler that our toilet was having an issue of constantly running and he immediately sent out an email while we stood there and disgusted it. The problem however was never fixed and we lost a lot of sleep from the constant noise, not to mention the VERY loud air conditioner. I completely understand allowing pets to stay and I think its very thoughtful to allow them, however the entire Inn smelled of animals and urine. Owning a business ourselves we understand how your employees can make or break your business I think some of the staff members are getting a bit burnt out. My husband is a very early riser and coffee is not started until 7:15 AM, he had to walk 3 blocks to the closest market to get coffee at 6:00 AM. I would suggest having coffee made a little earlier or even coffee pots in the rooms for personal use. Everything else about our stay was pretty average nothing really stood out for us. Overall our trip was pretty exhausting and not enough to make us want to come back.

Room Tip: Wasnt what we expected!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
foleyinnowner, Owner at Foley House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not told that you could be picked up at the Inn for a trolly tour. The front desk person should have informed you of that when you came to check-in at 11:00 am. I am also sorry that our coffee service did not start early enough for you. I am an early riser as well and I can understand your frustration in having to wait until 7:15 am. However there seem to be several discrepancies between what you have written and what my staff has told me about your stay. One being that when you complained about your toilet making noise you were offered a free upgrade and that you refused that and said it was not big deal. If we can't fix a problem right away we do what we can to make the guest happy. I also have to take exception with you assessment that our "entire Inn smells like animals and urine". When I called this guest after this review was posted and specifically asked her where and when she smelled anything unpleasant she admitted to me that it was just on one morning she smelled something as she entered the Inn from the courtyard. I think it is fare to say that if her comment were true then Trip Advisor would be flooded with such comments about this inn. In her defense I will say that Savannah has lots of horse traffic and perhaps that is what she smelled but I can assure you that I would never stand for and unpleasant order in our beautiful Inn. At the end of our conversation I asked this guest to amend her review to what she had told me she smelled and she told me she would discuss it with her husband. When something is written on the internet it stays forever weather it is true or not. As a business owner it is just something I have to deal with.

Grant Rogers,
Owner, Foley House Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed July 15, 2011

The Foley House Inn is the best! Not a single complaint. It was an awesome vacation thanks to our stay at the Foley House. We took our dog Harley and the staff could not have been more friendly. Select the Foley House for your vacation and you won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harley203
foleyinnowner, Manager at Foley House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thanks for the nice words. I hope you saw that we posted Harley's picture on our Facebook page!

Best,
Grant

Reviewed July 11, 2011

The room temperature never got below 80. Granted, Savannah GA is hot in July, but, at a nightly room rate that is about half on my monthly mortgage payment, I expected to be comfortable. Also, there is a general lack of attention to detail (crooked lamp shades, miirors, etc.) There are many much better places to stay in Savannah at a comparable cost.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjorlando
foleyinnowner, Owner at Foley House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

There was a problem with the A/C unit in this guest's room. He informed our front desk and he was offered a free upgrade and he refused. Things do sometimes break but we would never want a guest to be uncomfortable. I can assure you that all of our rooms have wonderful A/C in them that work perfectly. Regardless of the rate that our guests pay, we always will fix a problem, offer an upgrade or refund your money. That is our guarantee. For the rate of $249, this guest received a beautiful (although warm) room, afternoon sweets and tea, evening hor dourves and complimentary wine and an amazing full service breakfast as well as the benefits of our excellent location and wonderful staff. There are rooms here that start as low as $149 per night and you get all of that as well. It would of been our pleasure to move this guest to another room as we would with anyone who was unhappy with their room.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

This period,charming,townhouse is a wonderful base for anyone wishing to explore the historic and stunning city of Savannah.The friendly and genuine greeting by the house reception staff immediately give you a good feeling about your stay. Pleasing rooms that are the top end on the value from money scale do not disappoint. The Inn's generosity towards its guest not only extends to the excellent complementary breakfast but afternoon tea/coffee and cake plus free (pleasent) evening wine and oeuvres.

Although no on site parking parking permits allow guests to parking in the adjoining Square for the duration of their stay.

Room Tip: Breakfast in the patio garden to start your day.
2  Thank thepostie2010
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights for our 20th wedding anniversary this week. The staff was friendly and helpful our entire stay, making sure we knew about the baked goods and beverages in the afternoon and wine and hors d'oeuvres in the evening. They offered to help with luggage both as we arrived and as we were leaving. They even offered to make reservations for us for dinner.
Our room was very large and nice. It had some very pretty furniture in it. The bathroom was huge with a massive whirlpool tub for two people!
The location of this in is perfect no matter what you want to do in Savannah - it's right in the middle of the town! We parked our car when we arrived and never moved it until we left. We walked everywhere because nothing was more than 5 to 6 blocks away no matter what direction we wanted to go.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if we ever make it back to Savannah we will definitely stay at the Foley House Inn again.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Charm,elegance and southern hospitality at its finest!

1  Thank WoodstockPhyllis
Reviewed May 30, 2011

One of the best vacation we've every had. We absolutly loved our stay here. Every staff member was always so sweet and helpful. I was extremely impressed with how one small situation was handled generously and with grace and one the spot. We always wanted to visit Savannah and now we're glad we decided too. When we return we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Good food, good people and a couple of new friends as well as a fantastic location. Thank you so much for being the key element in a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple