Review Highlights
A trip to Savannah wouldn’t be complete without a trip to Satchel!

I love this store and love that each piece of crafted leather is cut and sew by the lovely team of... read more

Reviewed August 11, 2018
kmills32
Washington DC, District of Columbia
via mobile
Handbag Heaven!

When I was researching shopping in Savannah, Satchel was mentioned repeatedly. I dragged my husband... read more

Reviewed May 29, 2018

from $44.00
from $25.00
from $34.12
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

What a wonderful shop! The items on display in the showroom are of buttery leather of amazing craftsmanship.

The artists working were so friendly and helpful. They are passionate about their art and take great pride in producing quality goods. Most of what they do is custom order.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 2, 2016

Stumbled upon this store while walking around and fell in love with the soft texture of the leathers. Was able to custom order the colors I wanted for the same price and my husband got to order a wallet to be made just the way he wanted it. We were shown how their products wear and considering everything is hand made I couldn't believe how inexpensive everything was. Ended up coming back the next day for a Christmas present for family.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed August 31, 2016

As we were walking around Savannah, by chance we passed Satchel, in whose windows we saw several unique leather pieces that caused us to to walk in just to look around.. We found such a gorgeous selection of purses, totes, clutches, and innumerable other items in a wide variety of leathers. All of the work is done on premises and can be customized in a myriad of combinations. The work is so beautiful and under such demand that the wait time is currently eight weeks (my guess is that with the holidays coming up, it may be even longer). I purchased one bag and am trying to decided on the color for the other shape purse I adored. All I can say is "try it you"ll like it", but, that may make my waiting time longer (but I don't want to deny you the pleasure of owning one).

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed December 13, 2014

Visited Satchel on the advise of a local for some Christmas shopping. Found a gift for my daughter and a few things for me too! You can watch the ladies working on items while you shop and even pet Shepard the friendly shop dog.

Date of experience: December 2014