“Very Happy!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Hickory,NC
“Very Happy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

The stayed here on our way to Disney World and couldn't have been more pleased. Check in fast, efficient and extremely friendly. Just what we needed. Clean modern room, great products in the bath and a lovely cocktail from the bar. A great nights sleep and a decent breakfast. Will certainly stay there again and will recommend to my friends.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Savannah Georgia USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

WOW! My husband and I will only stay at Cambria Suites wherever we travel from now on! Cambria Suites is part of Choice Hotels and is considered their upscale line of hotels-but without the upscale pricing of some of its competitors! They are opening Cambria Suites on a regular basis and in major cities. We are so happy to have found a new favorite hotel-and it was all due to a free weekend we won from a local business expo in Pooler, GA! We actually live less than a mile from the Cambria-Savannah Airport and decided to use the free weekend and have a "Staycation" right in our hometown this past weekend! We were treated so wonderfully by the staff! We love that Cambria is an all-suites hotel, the rooms are perfect! The bed and bedding were some of the most comfortable we have ever experienced! We had two flat screen TVs, one in the bedroom and the other in the living room! Their was a workspace for my husband's laptop and a very comfortable desk chair. The bathroom was so modern and attractive. (We also had a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker). I have to admit I spent most of my time enjoying the latte's down at the Barista Bar in the lobby and out on the beautiful back patio! The indoor pool and spa were heated to perfection and we felt like we were on a vacation far, far, away from our home! (Which we could have walked to from the hotel!) The breakfast buffet is the best we have ever had! The quality and quantity of food were exceptional! Included in the buffet is the option to have a custom made omelet!! Now-the most important reason I am writing this review an hour after arriving home is the staff, they are the best of the best! My top kudos go to Miss Michelle, she was on duty both mornings at the Barista Bar and handling the custom omelet station! She never missed a beat, she greeted each guest as they entered the dining area, whipped up amazing omelets, prepared custom coffees, replenished beverages for those that were seated away from the counter, and did this with an amazing smile and energy that thoroughly impressed us! The afternoon shift was covered by Andrea on both days of our stay, she was very fast to deliver our room service when I was not feeling well on the 2nd night, and Danielle at the front desk the following morning told me that my room service charge had been "taken care of." Wow-we felt truly cared about by the staff of the Cambria! Thank you ladies and thank you Choice Hotels for opening this chain! We will tell all of our friends to stay at a Cambria Suites!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

Perfect location for ny- florida roadtrip. 3 kids with plenty of room. Separate sitting area with pull out couch was perfect place for crib (which was spotless and new and ready in room for us). Rooms are beautiful and spotless. Worth every penny. Wish we checked in earlier so big ones could enjoy pool. Not only will we stay here again on next road trip, but we will search out Cambria suites for another stop over wherever we are!

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank Rachelk71
Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed at Cambria for two nights in Oct. 2009 and the room was beautiful. Two flat screen TVs were an added bonus, one for me and one for my hubby. We went to a wedding in the historic district and the drive was about 20 minutes, but worth the money we saved. I loved the modern decor and the breakfast buffet was worth the money. I wish they would open one in Downtown Savannah.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

Great hotel. Feels like a 4 star place.

Stayed here on our way from Missouri to Fort Lauderdale. I was travelling with my elderly father (86), and my bad back (2 herniated discs) in his 15-year-old, tiny Saturn station wagon. I had been told by my doctor to find a place with an indoor pool, for the purposes of soaking to stretch my back out at the end of each driving day. My dad needed a room with handicap amenities (shower handles).

This place was absolutely perfect.

The previous night we had stayed in a Country Inn and Suites (CI&S), at a total cost of around $95. Our stay here, at Cambria, cost $120 with taxes. It was the best $25 extra I've ever spent on a hotel. 100% worth the extra money.

While on paper both have a fairly similar set of amenities, in reality the difference in quality and comfort is striking. The CI&S outside of Lebanon, TN we used the night before was terrible. The place was run down: beds uncomfortable, room dirty & smelled like cigarettes, and noise from highway and other rooms very audible. The place was full of bad smells, from an overpowering, cheap air freshener smell in the hallways to rotting garbage in the stairwell. Even the in-room coffee pot was missing the glass carafe. Their idea of amenities--aside from the over chlorinated pool--was a small bookshelf in the tiny lobby filled with crappy old books that you could borrow to read while there.

A lending library? Clearly they were catering to an older, unsophisticated crowd. Their so-called "business center" was an out-of-date computer in a tiny closet, so small you could barely turn around inside it.

The Cambria Suites, on the other hand, felt brand new, even though it had been open for two years. The lobby was open and spacious, with a large flat screen showing a football game surrounded by comfortable couches. It also had a small bar/restaurant around 10 seats long, serving food by Wolfgang Puck (excellent turkey sandwich) and good beer (Fat Tire) as well as full liquor (top shelf, including Makers Mark and Grey Goose). Kerri, the bartender, obviously liked her job and provided some pleasant conversation while also giving me the remote for the flat screen behind the bar.

The room was spacious, clean, and fresh smelling. It consisted of a separate sitting area and bedroom area, with plenty of room.

There was a large desk with both a wired and wireless Internet connection, a quad power outlet (which I took full advantage of with my two laptops, cell phone, etc) and, the touch which won me over being in the technology industry, a connection panel which provided assorted connections to the 40" flatscreen for your laptop or portable DVD player, including HDMI. This panel also had a 5V outlet, for charging your iPhone/iPod Touch. Very impressive, and indicative of a company run by forward-thinking people. My kind of people.

The fitness center was huge. The only, very minor, gripe I can come up with was regarding the pool. It was fairly small and shallow, and the hot tub was also. Since I was the only one using them, and all I wanted to do was stretch my back by hanging on the edge in the deep end, it was adequate. If I had wanted to swim laps, it would have been tough though. No big deal.

When we woke up in the morning, the hotel had slipped a copy of the day's Wall Street Journal under our door with a copy of our receipt, taking care of our checkout for us. Very convenient.

BOTTOM LINE: If you are in the market for a mid-level hotel, STAY HERE, not at the CI&S. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank NativeSonFL
Triangle, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

Cambria is a good choice with excellent modern facilities. Others have covered that aspect so I won't go there.

We, however, had a lemon in a suite called 116. This one is right next to the indoor pool - more precisely the mechanical room of the pool/hotel. The paper thin wall in the room made us feel like we were sleeping right next to the pumps with a loud constant irritating noise.

The staff was co-operative and offered a different room. But, we were way settled in with kids fast asleep when we started to notice the sound and had to "settle" for the room. We were also offered a discount for the inconvenience which was nice.

So, stay in Cambria, but stay clear of 116.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

The Comfort Suites did not have a crib for our reservation and we were given 20 minutes to find a new hotel before being charged for our rooms. We went to the Cambria Suites and they had two rooms and took great care of us. The rooms were clean and well thought out, great for business and they also fit a family with kids. They had access to cribs unlike the Comfort Suites nearby. I wish their breakfast buffet was free, it knocks the value down a tick for us. We will stay here every year from here on out when we fly in to SAV.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family