DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
$169
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$94
$81
$214
$200
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$199
$430
$230
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscambria suitessavannah airportdouble treecookiessitting areaindoor poolbreakfast buffetsavannah arearooms are spacioussofa bedminute drivefront desk staffcoffee makerdefinitely stay here againwould highly recommend this hotelvery nice hotelupon check
Reviewed October 20, 2008

We, 4 of us including an infant, stayed at the hotel for 2 days. We booked through hotels.com and got a very fair price. We got a king bed suite.

About the hotel: The hotel is located right of I-95, next to the airport. Its convenient to get in and out with a car. There is free parking and the location felt safe. There was no flight noise. There was a wal-mart super center near by that is open 24 hours and it was very helpful to get some emergency items for the baby. The hotel was about 15 minutes from the historic district by car.

About the suite: The suite was good sized. It had a king bed and a separate living room with sofa bed. The bed and the living room were separated by a partial wall. It gave a semblance of privacy - not as good as a one-bedroom suite but much better than a studio. The 'bedroom' and the living room each had 32" inch LCD TV with several channels. The bathroom was of nice size and had a good decor. The room itself was nicely decorated and looked very new. There were no stains anywhere. The suite also had a refrigerator and microwave.

Overall the stay was excellent. The service was great and we thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Excellent hotel, very modern, very convenient and the service excellent! Definitely a must stay in Savannah!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2008

At $129 per night, you'd expect it to be better than the range of marriott properties across the street. The breakfast buffet was offered at a very inflated price and the woman at the front desk was nothing short of rude. Upon checking in just before after 10pm, no one was at the front desk, but back behind closed doors, meanwhile the bartender who had nobody sitting at the bar looked at me several times and couldn't take a second of her time to call any other staff to help me. The supposed extended hour barista was non-existant and a woman at the front desk ended up going behind the counter at the time (just before midnight) and when i asked for a certain coffee, I was offered a taste of the coffee supposedly freshly made half an hour earlier which tasted lukewarm and completely watery! Definitely not gourmet and she made it seem like such a big deal to have to make a fresh pot I didn't bother!

In the morning upon checking out, the front desk women did NOT greet me, say good morning, ask how my stay was, etc, etc, just curtly asked "Did you get your bill?" to which I replied "Yes" and her response was "I was just checking okay" and that's it. If I want to be treated like an unappreciated guest, I'll go to a crummy motel! Though the hotel may look top-class from the inside, the staff leave much to be desired and make it seem more like an Econolodge than a Cambria!

I would not return to such a place till they train the staff on how to treat guests with respect.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank tech786
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Thank you for your comments. I know it has been a while since you stayed with us, over two years. As the new GM of about a year, I want to extend my sincere apologies for the inattentiveness you encountered. Please rest assured that any issue of this type has been resolved and we invite you to please visit us agin if you are in the area. 12/10

Reviewed August 17, 2008

This is a fairly new hotel. There are several other hotels in the area; not too far from the airport. You need a car to get around. This place is actually in the city of Pooler, but only about 17-18 miles from Savannah.
I called from the airport to request to be picked up; they did so with warmth. Shawn is very friendly and just what you need when arriving to a new place.
They also said, that if there was a need to go around the area within a 10 mile radius, you could contact them for a ride in their shuttle. Down the street is a Waffle House, and a supercenter Walmart.
The hotel is very modern and clean. The room was very nice; two queen size beds and a separate sitting area with Phillips flat screen t.v.
In the lobby area there are two Sony flat screen computers...very nice... and a t.v. a bar for coffee, tea, or drinks. Also there is a 24 hour fitness center. The equipment is wonderful.
There is an indoor pool, but it is small and quaint. Also a hot tub.
Overall, this is a very nice hotel with a lot of potential.
The downside was the buffet breakfast for which you pay 9.50. The day we ate, the food was cold (potatoes, sausage, etc) and the pastries seemed to be like day old. But because the lady (Brittney was so nice) didn't want to complain.
Also, in the evening time there is a lady Gwendolyn who can make a great cup of coffee.
The price was decent; I have triple A so I used that discount.
I was on the first floor, and during my stay there were kidsabove my room who were running around, so I would recommend a top floor.
I would glady recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2008

We stayed here just one night on our way to Florida. The hotel is very convenient to I-95, approximately 1/2 mile off the interstate.

From the outside, the hotel looks somewhat plain and smaller than some neighboring hotels. But when we walked into the lobby we were wowed! It is huge, elegant and has free internet set-up, as well as a Starbucks-type place.

Since there were 5 of us, we got the 2 King bedroom suite for $115 on the Cambria Suites website ($130ish with tax). One king bedroom had a closed door, its own flat-screen TV, closet and dresser. The other king bedroom had a somewhat-open room divider, its own flat-screen TV and dresser. The room divider seperated it from the living area with a pull-out queen sofa bed (comfortable) a computer desk and yet another flat-screen TV!

There was a microwave and a decent sized mini-frige in the hallway. The one bathroom was very large and gorgeous with granite counters and a large glassed-in shower.

The king beds were extremely comfortable and there was plenty of room for all of us. The view from the suite was overlooking the parking lot, the highway and then the golf course across the street.

We went in to historic Savannah to eat dinner and to sightsee a bit. The drive was trickier than it looked on the map I had, but only took approximately 15 minutes. You should get specific directions from Mapquest or Yahoo or another source from the hotel to the historic district (waterfront area is along Bay Street).

I highly recommend this hotel for its reasonable rates and gorgeous modern decor.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family