“Great Little Boutique Like Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #36 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Greensboro, United States
“Great Little Boutique Like Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Doubletree by Hilton Savannah is a fairly new location, but most of the people seemed seasoned and eager to provide excellent service. Rooms and facilitities were cleaned and well maintained. My two key amenities as a business traveler were internet service and work out room, and they delivered on both (great). The rooms were very comfortable and quiet, although located very close to shopping, restaurants and airport. A great experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Donald C-
I am pleased to hear that our hotel was able to accommodate all of your needs while traveling for business. Your review is greatly appreciated and I hope that you will allow our team to serve you again should your business travels bring you back to Savannah. When you make it back our way, I would recommend paying a visit to our on site restaurant as we have some amazing dishes that I am sure you will enjoy. Thank you again for your review.

Garry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable Everybody seem nice and helpful. Close to a lot of good places to eat and a lot of stores close by. Down side no complementary breakfast. Also pool is very small. But work out room is nice and everything was clean everything seem well maintained. Would go back agin if we are ever that why.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Nicolas O-

The title you gave our hotel "clean" is definitely a goal we strive for daily. Our customers are happiest when they know they can rest in a hotel that has been cleaned top to bottom. This is something we always strive for. If you like the area now, you are going to love it in the spring of 2015 as the Georgia Outlet Mall is opening up literally a mile away. The area is growing leaps and bounds and I am sure you will be very impressed upon your return. Thank you for your review and we welcome you back to the new DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Airport anytime.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

First trip to Savannah from Charleston. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Ann and Will at the Restaurant were fantastic. They had just changed the menu and it the quality of food was great. My room was clean and comfy plus I was able to take a quick dip in their 24hr indoor pool! I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Coleman M-
Congrats on your first trip to Savannah. I hope you found our city enjoyable. Thank you for joining us in our on site restaurant the "Savannah Kitchen." When you make it back our way, I hope you will be able to join us again and try out additional selections on our menu. My all time favorite is our Shrimp and Grits and then I would definitely go for our homemade She Carb Soup. It's amazing! I am also glad you enjoyed the convenience of our 24 hour pool. I will be sure to look out for you upon your next visit. I look forward to meeting you.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was extremely impressed with this well-run, clean, modern hotel.

Airport shuttles ran on scheduled and timely basis.
The front desk staff was friendly, cheerful, and called me by name.

In the rooms, the decor is very current and ergonomically appealing. I felt comfortable living in and moving around this room. There was adequate space to relax. The furnishings were good quality, the drink prep/microwave station was sleek and unobtrusive, there was a Keurig with several coffee/tea selections.

There was a dimmer switch in the seating area, which was very nice if someone wanted to use that separated nook for study/work/TV while the other person sleeps. The room also had 2 televisions!

The fixtures in the bathroom and throughout the room were stylish and durable. The giant floor-to-ceiling mirror and the comfortable beds were also positive features.

I like the bistro-style setting of the lobby - it's a place where people can meet up or be alone, grab food and eat at a table or grab the food and go back to their room. The full service bar is nice to have around, too.

I used the coin-op laundry on my visit, which as of June 2014 was $2 per load per wash or dry. The small sundries store has detergents, along with snack items, medicine, frozen entrees for the microwave.

I ate breakfast in the lobby, and I will say the pay-for-your-meal breakfast would be one small deterrent for the average airport traveler. Even if you are paying for your breakfast, you should plan for no less than $15 per person.

I did not use the pool/spa or the fitness center, but I checked them out and I definitely would have used them if I had more time.

The hotel was super clean throughout. I was extremely impressed!

daveengel1-
I am overly thankful for receiving your amazing review. I was impressed that you were able to give such clear details about almost everything our hotel has to offer. To know that seasoned travelers such as yourself are paying attention to detail makes us proud as we strive to ensure that all of your expectations are exceeded. I will be sharing your comments with our staff as well as our sales team. Well written and thank you again for providing us with such a raving review. Your time is greatly appreciated. Please stop in and say hello should you ever be in the area again. I would enjoy meeting you.

Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

In town for five nights on a business trip and was very happy to see a new and modern DoubleTree near the Savannah airport. We've used several of the hotels near the airport and I have to say that the experience at the DoubleTree was one of the best we've had. Everyone there is friendly, even to the point of making an effort to remember your name and greet you by name when they see you. Ann in the evenings at the nice grill/bar off of the lobby and Deb in the morning for breakfast went out of their way to make us welcome and do what they could to give us great service. The rooms are mini-suites and are very nicely arranged with the usual amenities you expect in a smaller suite. One thing everyone noticed was how quiet the rooms were. Even facing a busy four lane street, you couldn't hear anything going on outside.

Located close to the I-95, this is a great choice if you need a place for your overnight stay or for an extended stay. My first choice for future trips..!!

Room Tip: Almost any room is great. I was right across from the ice machine and NEVER heard a thing.
1 Thank Bill G
wgriff1-
It's great to hear that you have found your new home away from home while on business! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and noting the staff members that made your stay a success. We are very blessed to have an amazing team. If you visit the area frequently for business, please feel free to reach out to our Director of Sales - Patricia Harris to see if a corporate discount can be established. Our team looks forward to welcome you back to Savannah soon.

Ringgold, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotel was clean and up to date. Pool is very small. Was surprised at least a Continental Breakfast was not included in the room cost. Cost I s the same as a Homewood Suite Competitor but Breakfast 7 days a week and Dinner 4 nights a week are included.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Mark R-
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I first want to thank you for being a fan of the Hilton hotel brands. As you may know, Hilton offers a variety of brands to cater to all types of travelers. The Homewood Suites brand you mentioned does include breakfast as well as one dinner option during limited hours four days per week. The DoubleTree brand is a full service brand that provides travelers will different benefits. Our restaurant for example has a full service bar and grill in which guests can order the meal of their choice as well as have a selection of domestic and imported beers or cocktails. We also provide room service for breakfast and for dinner during our hours of operation. We typically find that our travelers prefer to have options not only for dinner, but for breakfast as well. We will soon be rolling out our Omelet Station where we will make your eggs cooked to order! I hope you will be able to visit our hotel again soon and enjoy these special perks.
Thank you again for your review!
~Garry
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable and located easily off I 95. The ladies at the front desk were very pleasant & friendly which made checkin easy. They said the restaurant was quite good so we decided to give it a try. Honestly, we would stay here just to eat here!! It was delicious....both dinner and breakfast.
We were upgraded to a suite,(thanks to Hilton Honors) which was nice. The bed & pillows were very comfortable. The hotel was quiet with no airplane or highway noise. We consider this a good find and will definitely stay here on our next trip to Savannah.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room but I would imagine all the rooms would be equally nice. Since the hotel is...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charles M
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Charles-
Wow! What more can I say. Thank you for your response. I am very excited to hear about your experience in our restaurant and bar area. Our food and beverage team has worked diligently to roll out a new menu that brings a variety of dishes and Southern Cooking to our guests. I am so glad to hear that you really enjoyed your meal. My personal favorite is our Shrimp and Grits! Upon your next visit, be sure to give them a try. Thank you again for your compliments.