“Wonderful accommodations” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Jacksonville
“Wonderful accommodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

A friend and I shared a 2-bed queen suite recently and were impressed by the quality of the room and furnishings. At the last minute we had a third traveler join us and were able to accommodate him on the sleeper sofa. He worked nights and seldom slept at night, but was able to sleep very well in the sleeper sofa. We attended a sales event from a vendor we do business with and the large conference room was perfect for the presentation. The catered buffet dinner was also very good. I would return again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank David S
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
David S-
Thank you for rating our hotel a Five Star on TripAdvisor. It is always great to hear from a guest who was able to experience the extra perks of our hotel such as the sleeper sofa, meeting room facility and catering menu. We strive to please and to hear our staff did such an amazing job is music to my ears. I will be sure to share your comments with each department of my team. I wish you safe travels and look forward to your return to Savannah.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Clyo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our stay was absolutely wonderful. The staff made extra attempts to make sure that we felt welcome and appreciated. Newly remodeled and very clean. The location is convenient to everything the Savannah area has to offer. Highly recommend this hotel!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Willie S-
Thank you for highly recommending our hotel. I am blessed to have an amazing staff who really do their best to make all guests feel at home. I truly appreciate you noting our convenience to everything in Savannah. The area is growing tremendously and you can find everything from restaurants to golf to shopping. The Georgia Outlet Mall will be opening up in Spring of 2015. I hope that you will be able to bring the family and enjoy our hotel once again. We enjoyed serving you.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree near the airport for four nights this past month. It had so many fine features that I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the hotel. To start with, the front desk people were so extremely helpful on making sure we had perfect resturant ideas. Each meal was better than the next.

The workout room was clean and had more than enough machines to handle the business crowd.
Breakfast was perfect. So much of the time you get those fake eggs, not at the doubletree in savannah. Fresh raspberries, sausage, and new menu choices changed daily. Deb works the breakfast and she remembered how I liked my coffee after the first day and made sure I was taken care of each day.

Although the airport is small, it is great to be able to drop off the car the night before and take the hotel shuttle in the morning to save some time.

The hotel was consistently above par.
I will stay there again!

Room Tip: I was facing the airport, but I never really heard anything.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Yortman-
I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to not only recognize our hotel, but our staff as well. We strive hard to exceed the needs of our travelers and I am proud to hear that we surpassed your expectations. I will definitely share your comments with my team. I wish you safe travels and look forward to your return to Savannah!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this property for one night with our family. The property is very nice. New facility that looks good. The room itself was very nice and large. Two double beds and a full sofa sleeper. The front desk staff greeted us warmly. We needed more bath towels and someone brought them to our room within minutes. The major issue we had was with housekeeping. The room was clean in appereance, but we pulled out the sofa sleeper and it was clear that it wasn't made with fresh sheets from the previous visit. There was also a dirty towel folded back into it. Thankfully there were two clean sheets folded in the closet so we remade it ourselves. Then in the morning, we went to use the coffee machine and both of the disposable cups that were left for our use had been previously used and flipped back upside down. Again, a nice property and we'd probably stay there again, but these details were certainly worthy of sharing.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lakeland Anthony-
I would first like to thank you for your recent stay at our new DoubleTree By Hilton Savannah Airport Hotel. Your business and your feedback are both greatly appreciated. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the Housekeeping errors you experienced during your stay with us. I have reached out to my team to not only share your comments, but to ensure we correct this for future guests. Our team is focusing even harder on paying close attention to detail and I will make it our top priority that these changes are made immediately. Thank you for providing your feedback as this does allow us to make future changes for all guests. I hope you will visit us again upon your return to Savannah.
columbia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Room was very clean.For a Double Tree Hotel the bed and pillows could have been a little better. The room we had initially had a broken thermostat so the air was on too high. The staff quickly moved us to another room. The staff at the desk as well as maintenance staff were very efficient and friendly. we visited with two different couples during our stay one more inland and one on Wellington Island and this hotel made it easy to visit with both families. My husband and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Marvin M-
I appreciate you taking your time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you found your first suite in less than perfect condition with a broken thermostat. Thank you for allowing our team to make it right and quickly move you to another room. I am also pleased to hear that you found our location ideal to your trip needs. Thank you for your loyalty. Our team looks forward to hosting you again.
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the Doubletree HIlton Hotel Savannah Airport last weekend when we unexpectedly landed at Hunter Army Airfield after a military Space A trip to Europe. We were exhausted when we arrived and grateful to be given a nice king suite, especially since we paid with Hilton Honors points.

Check in was easy and the lady who helped us was very professional. We enjoyed the trademark warm chocolate chip cookies. The room was very comfortable and convenient, with a high functioning air conditioner, two televisions, and a great bed.

There was a manager's reception, but we weren't told about it. Though there are a number of hotels near the airport, there aren't too many restaurants. A Wendy's is close enough to walk to and there's also a sit down restaurant nearby. My husband went there for steaks since the Doubletree's room service menu was a bit limited. The bar also didn't order the greatest selection of beers, though they did have Sweetwater, which is pretty decent.

An airport shuttle took us to the airport at an ungodly hour, but the driver was friendly and professional. We'd stay again if we needed a place near Savannah's airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Garry G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Knotheadusc-
Being a member of the Hilton Honors reward program is such a wonderful benefit. Thank you for choosing to use your reward points to stay at our property. Your 5 star review is greatly appreciated! You mentioned that there were not many dining selections in the area, but that only pertains to our side of Hwy 95. Just over the bridge (less than 1.0) miles away there are tons of options for dining such as Longhorns, Chilis, McAllisters Deli, Moe's Southwest Grill etc. There is also a large shopping complex that includes Ross, TJ Maxx, Michaels etc. With this area growing rapidly, there are additional options opening up weekly. In spring of 2015 the Georgia Outlet Mall is expected to be open and again that is less than 1.0 miles from the hotel.

We have also made some extreme changes in our on site restaurant. Per customer reviews, we have a wider selection of beers to offer and our menu has been redesigned by our staff to include homemade items from their own recipes. We have been receiving rave reviews in our restaurant since we made these changes.

Should your travels lead you back to Savannah, I hope you will stay with us again and experience the wonderful new changes we have made.

Thank you again for being a loyal Hilton member and for rating our hotel as a 5 star property!

Best regards,

Garry
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

As DoubleTree line goes this one is not up to the same standard that I have experienced and I stay often. The little things that us business travelers come to expect are missing. The staff seemed like they did not understand the Diamond level perks. There is no concierge lounge. Breakfast is buffet only and to a huge selection at that. Managers were speaking loudly across the common areas about I want to know if this or that happens. The pool and sauna are both tiny. Not a bad experience just not what I have come to expect from a DoubleTree.

Alane P-
Your review on our hotel is greatly appreciated. We are a new addition to the DoubleTree portfolio, and apologize that as a traveler you had to experience our growing pains. Since your last stay, our team has become more acquainted with the Hilton standards and are doing everything possible to ensue that all guests receive the level of service and professionalism that the Hilton brand is known to deliver. Our guests are our top priority, and we have rolled out new ways in which we can meet or exceed our guests expectations. Thank you again for your comments, and I assure you that with each step we are not only improving, but going above and beyond to be one of the best hotels the Savannah area has to offer.

Best regards,