“Don't let the name suite fool you......”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #37 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
georgia
“Don't let the name suite fool you......”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the cambria suites savannah and was very unhappy. One main issue was after enjoying a long enjoyable night in savannah with my family, we decided to sleep a little later. There was a note on our door saying our room wouldn't be cleaned and if we need clean linen or towels call zero, I never in all my years if staying at a hotel had housekeeping not clean your room. No matter what time you leave the room(which was almost 12). So I told the girl at the front desk I needed towels at least. When we got back to the room towels were left on top of the counter, room never cleaned and previous soiled towels not picked up from the night before. I was very disappointed that I had to make my own bed after paying 120 a night including taxes and look at soiled towels from the night before in my bathroom all night . Also this price does not include a continental breakfast like the other 5 hotels around it. It cost 9.50 per family member for breakfast each morning. I also notice mold on my shower curtain and the walls were thin. I could here the guy next to me all night snoring. This will not be my hotel if choice again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank des731
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you did not get room service. Based on how busy the hotel is, there are times that our housekeeping staff may leave as early as 1:30 in the afternoon. If a do not disturb sign is on the door, we check the room twice that day and note the time. The final check is always done right before the room cleaners departure in case the guest has slept late and has removed the sign. At that point we place a card under the door noting the time and availability of additional items if needed. Unfortunately, as most 3.5 star and under hotels, we do not have a 24 hour housekeeping department to provide this service around the clock. As advertised, we operate a restaurant on the premises offering breakfast, dinner and cocktails. About half of the hotels in our area are similar to ours, offering a fresh breakfast that we cook and charge for instead of a free continental breakfast. The guest that choose to eat in the restaurant give great reviews of the quality and freshness. Hopefully you can try it if you are in the area again, As a reminder, we want all of our guests to be pleased with their stay. If for any reason you are ever dissatisfied during your visit, please let us know then so that we can take any measures necessary to make you stay more comfortable. Cheryl Sanderlin GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed March 26, 2013

What a great hotel! Very beautiful rooms. Very friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again. Only wish there were more hotels like this!

Even though it says Airport location, it's only15 minutes from Downtown/River Street area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a great review. Sounds like another loyal customer. I agree...I wish we had more but they are coming soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Kentucky
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first stay in a Cambria Suites. We heard of the name, but nothing else about it. We liked the looks of the hotel lobby and then seen the rest of the area and really liked the decor. It is not your typical hotel. The colors and decor gave the hotel a 5 star look. The rooms were unlike any hotel room we stayed in before. We felt like we were staying overnight in someone's house and not a hotel room. We like the cable/power strip by the work table. Very handy and accessible. Every staff member we met was very friendly. We look forward to staying in a Cambria Suites again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for finally choosing to stay with us and we are so pleased you felt like you were visiting someone's home. That is a sign that you were comfortable and rested. Hope to see you again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was a great hotel, rooms included 2 full beds and a comfortable pull out sofa. The pool and hot tub was open 24/7 and you could get food ordered 24/7. Staff was friendly and eager to please. When I needed toothpaste at 3 AM it was delivered immediately.This is a hotel chain I would definitely seek out again in the future!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We were pleased to have you as a guest and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are actually 4 years old but as you noted, we are trying to keep the hotel looking new. We are replacing our lobby floors at present so that you will have an additional new item to impress you on the next visit. See you soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Lucknow, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with a Groupon, Feb. 27-Mar. 6, 2013 to visit Historic downtown Savannah. Note: this hotel is 25 miles from the historic district--about 20 minutes mostly by freeway. We had a room on the back which was relatively quiet.The room seemed new and clean with several pillow choices. It has a partially separate living area with a sofa bed and second tv which was more comfortable to view than sitting on a bed. There was also a desk and a small counter with coffee maker . We used these areas to have some meals. Cambria charges $10.per person for breakfast which does include a breakfast buffet and made to order omelettes. The omelette was good but the toaster made poor toast.. We had a few minor issues with houskeeping which were fixed and maintenance responded quickly to toilet and refrigerator problems even late in the evening. The pool is very small and did not seem very warm and the hot tub jets do not work. Overall we would stay again in a Cambria Suites.

Room Tip: Staying on the fourth floor would ensure no noise from people above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid review and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. I will check on the toaster.and my apologies about the bubbles in the hot tub. It was actually built as a hot tub and not a jaccuzi so it usually does not produce real strong bubbles. Hope you visit us again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'll admit that I'd seen the Cambria Suites signs, but I never thought it would be a place I'd stay. My reservation at the Embassy Suite was cancelled when their server went down and they could not assign me a room. I found the Cambria Suites just down the road. It looked new, well lit and welcoming, and the lobby to to inviting. The front desk quickly helped me out and I was in my room in record time. The room layout was very functional and gave me room to spread out and not feel cramped. The room was well appointed, super clean and the bed very comfortable with several pillow choices. I had a very restful nights sleep and even hit the snooze a couple of times. AC was quite and user controlled not a hotel over ride controller.

Upon my latter than intended departure, I wanted breakfast but could not afford the time for the buffet. The gal behind the counter fixed me a great breakfast sandwich on wheat bread to go. It proved to me that Cambria staff care about customer service. The staff in this place in not stuffy and full of smiles. You too should consider Cambria Suites. It is worth it.

Room Tip: AC noise not a issue nor are rooms next to elevators. Nothing back to say about Cambria. Would adv...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank zigzagzap
I am sorry that the Embassy was unable to accommodate you as you intended but very pleased that we had the luxury of having you stay with us. Thank you for describing our hotel so well for others. We do hope that since you enjoyed yourself, you will choose us next time you are in the area again. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Tallahassee
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel one night as a stop along the way in our trip.
This hotel is conveniently located near Savannah airport. The room was new and I particularly liked the layout... A little different that other similar hotels, which gave a refreshing feeling.
The room appeared new and very clean. Bed was super comfortable.
Our only issue was with the services. I have a disability and when we arrived to our room the key was not working. We had to go to the elevators to find a phone to call down with. Somebody promptly came up with new keys and when we entered the room we discovered we were assigned two beds instead of the discussed king bed. We ended up taking the room anyway at that point because it was very late.
When we checked out in the morning it turned out that the room we were in was not the one listed on the check-in process, which explained the wrong key the night before.
Anyhow, beside this small issue our stay was very good.
We raccomend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Stefy211
Thank yu for taking time to write review and my apologies for the key issue. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will come back to visit again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM