“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Woodbury, Connecticut
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a corner suite that was very spacious and clean. The indoor pool and hot tub are small but nice because they are open 24 hours. I would recommend this place. I also recommend taking a drive to charleston, south Carolina

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Christopher P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel over all looks nice, rooms clean. The big problem is the walls are so thin you can hear people in the hall way, people walking on the floor above you and doors slamming. I'm here for 5 nights (this is night 2) and may actually check out early. We moved to the 4th floor, but you can still hear noise. It's a real shame since the hotel seems to have a lot going for it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is a great place to stay. I came in late on my first day - the shuttle bus driver was very friendly and - once we got to the hotel - advised me to quickly go to the bar to get some food if I was still hungry. Mind you, it was almost midnight. The friendly bartender-waitress-cook asked me if I needed anything without a fuss. I asked for the clam chowder soup and juice then went up to bed.

The room was great - 4 big, fluffy pillows to a bed. Super soft towels in the bathroom. The only thing missing was a robe and slippers - LOL. The bathroom is also ultra modern and tasteful (like something you would see on HGTV). Comfort, comfort, comfort - did I say the room was comfortable?

ALL of the staff were amazingly friendly - the folks at the front desk, the shuttle drivers, the maids and all service people. The room was very, very clean. There is a fridge and a microwave too in case you need to heat up something or want to keep beverages cold. There is also an exercise room and swimming pool onsite as well.

It's good enough to stay at just for vacation purposes. I went to Hilton Head close by and the beach as well as downtown Savannah. Both were cool places. The shuttle folks carted me everywhere! Everywhere I went, smiles and friendliness. I didn't want to go back home. If you are a contractor working in the area, I can't recommend a better place to stay - your home away from home!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I spent our time in Savannah for our one year anniversary. Cambria Suites had a hotel deal that we took advantage of. The first room we were sent to had a lingering smell of mold and then I saw a huge waterbug run across my bed. We told that staff and they gave us another room. The mold smell was still there but not too bad. I didn't see any other bugs, but I was never quite comfortable again. The staff, however, was very nice. The rooms are spacious and updated. I also appreciated the hotel bar and restaurant. I could probably stay there again, but only there weren't another option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at Cambria for 5 days while attending a work function. The room was big and well maintained. I thought the curtains were a little odd at first because I only saw the sheer and a decorative curtain that only dose not move and only cover half the window, so at night the light from outside made it difficult to get to sleep. I then discovered a third curtain (black out) closest to the window which made the room nice and dark. I had to laugh at myself for not figuring that out for 2 or 3 days. Ha Ha Ha. I thought the fitness center was one of the best I've seen in a comparable hotel with 3 nice size treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, and 2 stationary bikes, as well as exercise balls, weighted balls, dumbbells, and a free weight station. The pool which I did not use looked very small more of a kiddy pool or a pool to soak in rather than swim there is also a Jacuzzi. I would also recommend the restaurant, awesome salad and the breakfast which I had coupons for was top notch! Great job on the omelets! Great coffee! Supper service!! (Thanks Patrick!!) I would defiantly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Savannah. Clean comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Edgewater, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the Cambria for two nights in November to visit family on our way to Florida. The facilities and room were very nice and clean. The restaurant/bar staff couldn't have been any nicer. The check in staff was friendly and professional. The only complaint I have is noice. The walls must be paper thin. You could hear doors slamming all through the night and television noise from other room(s). At first I thought it had to do with a large group of kids staying there but, after they left the next morning, we experienced the same problem the second night. That being said, my experience was overall very good and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel looks new and the location is very convenient for traveling from FL to North. It's even a quick drive to Downtown Savannah.
There were hot cookies at the check-in desk and the staff was friendly.
Room was clean and large. Would definitely recommend and would stay again!
I only gave average ratings for kids acitivites and spa because we did not use them

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family