WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersGold level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“5 Days at Cambria SAV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed at Cambria for 5 days while attending a work function. The room was big and well maintained. I thought the curtains were a little odd at first because I only saw the sheer and a decorative curtain that only dose not move and only cover half the window, so at night the light from outside made it difficult to get to sleep. I then discovered a third curtain (black out) closest to the window which made the room nice and dark. I had to laugh at myself for not figuring that out for 2 or 3 days. Ha Ha Ha. I thought the fitness center was one of the best I've seen in a comparable hotel with 3 nice size treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, and 2 stationary bikes, as well as exercise balls, weighted balls, dumbbells, and a free weight station. The pool which I did not use looked very small more of a kiddy pool or a pool to soak in rather than swim there is also a Jacuzzi. I would also recommend the restaurant, awesome salad and the breakfast which I had coupons for was top notch! Great job on the omelets! Great coffee! Supper service!! (Thanks Patrick!!) I would defiantly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Savannah. Clean comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Edgewater, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at the Cambria for two nights in November to visit family on our way to Florida. The facilities and room were very nice and clean. The restaurant/bar staff couldn't have been any nicer. The check in staff was friendly and professional. The only complaint I have is noice. The walls must be paper thin. You could hear doors slamming all through the night and television noise from other room(s). At first I thought it had to do with a large group of kids staying there but, after they left the next morning, we experienced the same problem the second night. That being said, my experience was overall very good and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel looks new and the location is very convenient for traveling from FL to North. It's even a quick drive to Downtown Savannah.
There were hot cookies at the check-in desk and the staff was friendly.
Room was clean and large. Would definitely recommend and would stay again!
I only gave average ratings for kids acitivites and spa because we did not use them

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KathyG_WPB
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I used priceline for the first time in order to book an overnight stay on our way from NC to FLORIDA. We had never heard of Cambria Suites and we were nervous about what we might find on our arrival. We ended up with a very pleasant experience and we would stay at this property again. Our suite was spacious, well appointed and comfortable. Very nice linens and pillows, a clean bathroom, And good lighting to read by-our only complaint was that the window drape did not close so the bedroom was very bright. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast, although not included was very good. The gentlemen who took care of us at breakfast was great, making us feel as though we were in a nice restaurant instead of a hotel lobby. This hotel is a good value and is very convenient to I95 and many eateries.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LJRFlorida
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a very nice surprise. I inspected the curtain you mentioned and it is working properly. There are actually three curtains on the window. One is decorative side panels, one is sheers and the other is a blackout curtain. All three were present and working. If for any reason in the future you are staying at a Cambria Suites and encounter this type of issue please give us a call so that we can inspect it and make sure you are fully satisfied. Thanks and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager
Fountain Inn, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Had a fun gals weekend in Savannah. My husband and I had stayed in this hotel community before. This is the 2nd hotel in this area with THIN WALLS !!!!
The only thing I have to complain is I knew I had read somewhere that the hotel had a " Free Breakfast" I can't be sure if I had read this on the hotels website or where. We had to pay $9.50 for the Breakfast Buffet it was good but not really worth the price. After the first night we had went to a late movie and got back around midnight and noticed our Hotel Key Cards didn't work, so we had to go back downstairs to get it reactivated. The man at the front desk was very friendly and said if I didn't work to just use the " House Phone" next time. The Staff was very friendly at both Check in and Check Out.
We will however return to this location in the near future. GREAT COMFY PILLOWS, also impressed with the " Bath and Body Works" Brand of Soaps, Shampoos.

Room Tip: Two Queen Beds had ample room, TV in front of the beds and also a 2nd tv with living room area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tylersmom51304
Glad you had a nice, fun girls weekend. Thank you for all the wonderful comments and I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. I'm unsure of where you may have seen it indicated a complimentary as we have always operated a full restaurant on the premises and there has always been a charge. If you come across it again, let me know so I can investigate it further. We never want to mislead anyone. Thank you and please visit us again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager
White Plains, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

My stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. Good location in proximity to Savannah. The staff was friendly, courteous, and professional. The room was nice, clean, and relaxing with modern decor. Room service, bar, and the food in the restaurant was delicious. I highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pmahone
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for recommending us and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please stop and see us again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

What a remarkable hotel! I'm also impressed with the distance from the airport to the hotel. However, I'm specifically and extremely pleased with two employe's in particular. Amanda(shuttle) and Adrian(front desk). These two have done an excellent job with providing me (James Johnson) with nothing but very, very good customer service. Their are class, very professional, extremely helpful, have done any and all they can to make my experience at the Cambria Suites Savannah Airport location an experience like none other. Therefore, I have re-booked another stay with them from December 9th-19th! Because of them two, I don't have any intention of staying anywhere else while in Savannah for the next two weeks. Adrain and Amanda, your amazing and an outstanding compliment to the Cambria Suites! THANK YOU! MR. JOHNSON (417)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James J
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and notations of two of our employees. They will be psoted for all of the team to read. I am pleased to hear they are providing you such great service. We look forward to your future stays. Cheryl Sanderlin GM