DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
GreenLeadersGold level
White Plains, Maryland
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

My stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. Good location in proximity to Savannah. The staff was friendly, courteous, and professional. The room was nice, clean, and relaxing with modern decor. Room service, bar, and the food in the restaurant was delicious. I highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pmahone
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for recommending us and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please stop and see us again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

What a remarkable hotel! I'm also impressed with the distance from the airport to the hotel. However, I'm specifically and extremely pleased with two employe's in particular. Amanda(shuttle) and Adrian(front desk). These two have done an excellent job with providing me (James Johnson) with nothing but very, very good customer service. Their are class, very professional, extremely helpful, have done any and all they can to make my experience at the Cambria Suites Savannah Airport location an experience like none other. Therefore, I have re-booked another stay with them from December 9th-19th! Because of them two, I don't have any intention of staying anywhere else while in Savannah for the next two weeks. Adrain and Amanda, your amazing and an outstanding compliment to the Cambria Suites! THANK YOU! MR. JOHNSON (417)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank James J
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and notations of two of our employees. They will be psoted for all of the team to read. I am pleased to hear they are providing you such great service. We look forward to your future stays. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Location is excellent. Every place I wanted to visit, including the historic southern city of Beauford, S.C., was within an hours drive of the hotel. The staff were outstanding, the hotel is spotless, and the rooms are as comfortable as any five star hotel.
This is my third stay at this hotel and will continue to stay with this chain in my future travels

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to write a review. You are correct in that we are convenient to everything in Savannah and the surrounding areas very quickly, without the hassle of the downtown traffic. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I spent one night there in conjunction with a military event and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The highly friendly and professional staff made my brief stay enjoyable. The room was very comfortable and had a sitting area insted of just the bed to watch TV from. It is about 5 minutes from the airport and I was picked up immediately when I arrived and the staff offered to take me wherever I needed to go during my stay. Although the breakfast is not free, it was excellent with cooked to order omlets and a very good selection of buffet items as well. I would stay again should my travels send me to Savannah and I will look for other Cambria establishments in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Glad to hear we were accommodating in every way. The breakfast buffet is very good with all of the freshly made items, including the cooked to order omelets. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to see you again soon and thank you very much for serving our country! Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

The stay in this hotel was excellent. The staff was extremely nice and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. They helped locate local eateries and even drove us to the eateries. We had a bit of mold on our shower curtain and when I called the front desk they had someone come up immediately to switch it out. The breakfast was delicious and the staff overall was courteous and helpful. The room was beautiful, up-to-date and clean. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in Savannah.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will hopefully come back to see us again soon. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Gardner, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

At first glance, this property has it all and it's bundled in a neat little package that's quite swanky. However, the hotel is not exactly as nice as it looks to be from the outside. Our room was nicely equipped with two queen beds, seating area, 2 tvs, mini coffe/tea station w/microwave & frige. I'm not usually picky, and when I read poor reviews from others and take it with a grain of salt. Every single glass provided for coffee or other beverages was filthy and were obviously not cleaned (finger and mouth prints still on the glasses). The walls were extremely thin and I was awoken several times by the guests next door. We did not like that there was no OnDemand feature to the tvs, so to make up for that we were provided a DVD player. We tried about 5 different players, and each one did not work properly. We finially watched a movie by turning the player upside-down and placing a book on the top. The service members were very accommodating, and tried helping with the tech issues. Overall I would rate this 3 out of 5 with the cleanliness being an obvious issue and upgraded technology needed in the rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Laura S
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review as well as mention some of the areas you felt we could improve on. These were also noted during your stay and passed on the different departments to try to prevent any future issues of this type, I am sorry that you were disappointed that we do not offer on demand services. Cambria Suites sets the guidelines for these types of services and at present it is not a service they permit us to offer. perhaps in the future this will change and we can added to our list of amenities. Thanks again and we do hope to see you again in the future. Cheryl Sanderlin GM
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here for the Rock and Roll Marathon the last two years. Excellent location. The shuttle bus picks up about a hundred yards from the front door. Rooms are a good size, comfortable and well maintained. I believe the hotel was new when we stayed last year and it looked the same this year. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again this year. We always enjoy our runners visiting our beautiful town. Hopefully you can come back and visit the city soon for a nice leisurely visit and will choose to stay with us then. If not, see you next year. Cheryl Sanderlin GM