“LOVE THIS HOTEL”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport
Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I absolutely love Cambria Suites!! I am converted! I will never stay anywhere else on business while in Savannah. Unfortunately they aren't scattered everywhere like a dime a dozen, but I will stay at Cambria in Savannah everytime I'm there. The service is amazing. The food is delicious. I always have a 2 queen bed suite room that has the 2 beds, a seperate living area, 2 flat screen TV's and bath and body works bath products. I couldn't ask for anything better. This is my home away from home..

Room Tip: Get the 2 queen bed suite
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. We know who you are and we will hold you to seeing you again soon! Cheryl Sanderlin General Manager

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Our stay in Savannah was awesome. The hotel's location was easy to find right off of the interstate. The hotel looked exactly like the pictures on the website. Check-in process went smoothly although the air conditioning was out in the hallways and elevator but the problem was solved by the next day. Our room was clean and the bathroom had been thoroughly inspected by my Mom and she definitely uses the white glove test. We enjoyed sitting outside in the evenings. We had drinks Sunday night outside and the bartender was attentive and very helpful. The front desk staff were full of useful information including maps of the city, recommendations and coupons/menus. The only problem with our stay was some of the other guest. Its pretty impolite to allow the doors to slam all through the night but unfortunately there seemed to be a group traveling together that kept me up all night Saturday into Sunday morning going in and out of their rooms letting the doors slam behind them. Maybe the hotel could address this problem by fixing the doors so that they don't slam shut.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

Thank you so much for the great review and I apologize for the extra door noise. Please continue to pass the word on how wonderful of a stay you had and come back to see us soon. Cheryl Sanderlin-GM

Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed at the Cambria for three nights recently whilst visiting Savannah and Charleston. We chose this hotel as it was right on I 95 & mid way between the two as we were on a trip from Orlando. We found the hotel to be extremily clean and the staff very helpful and pleased to be at work. The rooms are of a good size - being from the UK they were massive by our standards! Meals are available on site but we chose to use to use Longhorn & Ruby Tuesdays just a two minuite drive away. We also used Sam Sneed's over the way but this was a bit pricy for what it was. I would have no hesitation in rebooking at the cambria and recommend it to other memebers

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
CambriaSAV, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words. Glad to hear the room was a great size for your family. Hope to see you again soon Cheryl Sanderlin GM

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Brand new facility, friendly staff, great breakfast buffet (with omlette station). Very comfortable King bed with plenty of pillows. Nice sitting area separate from sleeping area. Room has a small fridge, two flat screens, and digital temp controls. I only wish my stay had been longer! I will look for Cambria on my travels from now on...

Scored location a 4--if you want to be close to the Savannah Airport or family in Pooler/Garden City, this is a 5. If you want to be close to Downtown Savannah & not deal with parking, this is not where you want to stay. I had a meeting on the River, but for me, it was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank JRaeJ

It was a pleasure to hear tht you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for reviewing our hotel. Please look for the Cambria's as you travel and we look forward to seeing you again. Cheryl Sanderlin GM

Reviewed May 17, 2011

The rooms were very neat and clean. Beautifully decorated.. The staff was very friendly and was quick to assist us in finding nearby places of interests. Myia, one of the staff members was awesome, very attentive. And so was Jeff... These two made our stay very enjoyable and comfy. I will definitely highly recommend this hotel, and will go again!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011

Glad you had an absolutely wonderful stay! Thank you for your kind comments about Jeff and Myia. Our staff always appreciates being recognized by name. Hope to see you again soon! Cheryl Sanderlin GM

Reviewed May 17, 2011

We were very pleased with the hotel and its' convenient location. The hotel provided airport shuttle service, but since it was so close to the airport, we made our own pick-ups. The hotel was clean and inviting.The staff was friendly. Request for extra towels in our rooms and at the pool were honored almost immediately. While the rooms could sleep 6, the pull-out sofas were not very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends

Glad to hear you had a great stay and prompt service. Please visit us again when you are in the area and continue to choose Cambria as your brand of choice when you travel. Cheryl Sanderlin GM

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Stayed one night on the way back to Canada from Florida. This hotel is easy to find, just a couple of minutes from I-95 and close to shopping and restaurants if you need them. Checking in was a breeze and friendly. The room was spotless, quiet and tastefully decorated.
A separate sitting room with wall mounted TV and another in the sleeping area were very convenient. A very postive experience and I would (and have) recommend to anyone looking for quality near Savannah. I will definitely make this hotel, part of my next trip South.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple