“Wonderful, peaceful place to stay”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AmyHGa
Brunswick, Georgia
“Wonderful, peaceful place to stay”
Reviewed July 30, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

This townhouse is exactly as pictured. You enter into a small, charming foyer then drift over to the living/dining area. That is open to the small, yet functional and updated kitchen. There are quite a few pots, pans, glasses, silverware, and even spices. There is a microwave, toaster, oven/stove, fridge, and dishwasher The trash can conveniently splits garbage and recyclables. We cooked meals twice and the only thing we bought as far as equipment was ice cube trays. IT WAS HOT! The home does have a washer and dryer if you're smart enough to figure out how to use it :). The courtyard was our favorite feature. It's not huge but has plenty of space and is private-ish. People can't see you from the street but they could from adjoining buildings if they want to. We did not feel at all uncomfortable. Our mini-poodle was pleased and could not get over or under the walls - whew! Calhoun square is a mere block away and it is so peaceful. The ghost tours to come by at night since 432 Abercorn is there on the square and is reputedly very haunted.

The house is walking distance to the deeper historic district and more happening places if you have a good bit of stamina. We chose to use Pedicab. Did I mention IT WAS HOT!?

After a day or so this felt like home. Notes: the one bathroom is upstairs. Both bedrooms are upstairs. I hope you like stairs. The master bedroom had a decent closet, but it didn't have a dresser or drawers of any kind. Frankly, I missed that since most of my clothes were shorts and t-shirts. Again, IT WAS HOT! I like to unpack when I arrive. However, that is a personal preference.

Note to Picky Petes: It can get slightly noisy here. You are downtown so there are things going on all the time. I was not the least bit disturbed while I slept. Sitting on the porch we heard garbage trucks, trolley bells, and even construction noises. That just added to the experience for me. If you are uber, super sensitive to noise bring your ear plugs. It's worth it!!!

Parking: We found non-metered parking on both sides of the street in front of the property the whole time we were there. Make sure you check the signs for the street sweepers, though.

Overall, this was a wonderful HOME for us while we visited our adopted city of Savannah.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The experience of feeling like a native Savannahian
Liked least: The price. I wish we could stay here for less money.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing