“Lovely Hotel, wonderful staff, great location”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District
Ranked #12 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Miami, Florida
“Lovely Hotel, wonderful staff, great location”
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I stayed here only one night and would have loved to have stayed longer. I could not believe that it was a Holiday Inn Express. It is charming and quaint. The room was really nice, clean, and modern. The location could not be better as it is walking distance to the River Street shops which was really nice. I was only in Savannah for a few hours so I didnt get to see much but we took The Trolley Tours recommended by the staff and it was a great way to see Savannah in a short period of time.
The staff at this hotel is also incredible. They were all nice and helpful. They allowed us to store our belongings in their office after we had checked out. This made it easy for us since we had left our car with the valet.
We did have to pay for valet parking but at $15.00 I thought it was reasonable.
I plan on visiting Savannah again and I would definitely stay at this hotel next time.

1 Thank LCJ82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Arabic first
gainesville, fl
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This hotel is located right in the heart of downtown Savannah so you can walk around the historic district whenever you like. It is right across from the river so if you decide to walk around at night you can check out all the action going on at the river front. Paula Deen's Lady and sons restaurant is extremely close by so its easy and quick to walk there in the morning to get a good place in line for a reservation. The staff at the hotel are extremely nice and helpful. The breakfast looked good but my boyfriend and I didnt eat much since we made our reservations for Paula Deen's restaurant for that afternoon. There was a wide selection of cereals, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cinnamon rolls, bagels, toast, jams, fruit and yogurt. The only downer to staying here is the parking....you can either opt to go valet and pay $15 a day (plus tip) or you can park in the garage (the max they charge is $10 a day). My boyfriend and I really liked this hotel and we will most likely stay here again. Oh, they also have a really nice pool and jacuzzi on the top of the hotel that is way nicer than the Hampton's pool.

south carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We spent the week-end here and had a wonderful time. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were very clean. Comfortable bed. I would recommend this to all my friends.

Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Staff greeted us warmly each time we arrived at the hotel. It was a clean and cool oasis on a few very hot days. Staff offered suggestions for dining and called affordable cabs at our request. One rainy night they even lent us a deck of cards. It was a beautiful hotel and we would definitely stay there again.

Waycross, GA
Reviewed August 16, 2009

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend anniversary trip. We chose this hotel based largely on reviews we read on this website. We were extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay at this Holiday Inn Express. Having stayed at other hotels by the same chain, we were surprised by the level of service. The service rivaled any five-star hotel The staff were incredible. Never did we walk by the front desk that we were not greeted professionally. The staff treated us like they had known us for years. They were very helpful in directing us to nearby restaurants and attractions. We had requested a room on a high floor (due to recommendations read on this site) and were given a room on the seventh floor. Our room was so quiet, that it sounded as if there were no other people in the hotel, much less a busy street below. The room itself was a little smaller that I had expected but still large enough for us. We took advantage of the complimentary breakfast (evidently most hotels in this area charge for breakfast or do not offer it). The breakfast was not the typical free breakfast but included eggs, biscuits, sausage and cinnamon rolls. The hotel itself is located in the historic district one block from River Street. We were very happy not to be staying directly on River Street due to the party atmosphere and dirty appearance it can have at times. We were close enough that we could walk to many popular attractions downtown (Lady and Sons was a five minute walk). We chose to use the valet parking services ($15 per day vs $10 for regular parking) and were not disappointed. The only time we had to wait was on Sunday morning for departure (but there were a large number of people leaving at that time). We would definitely stay here again. Stay away from the River Street hotels and stay on Bay Street instead.

2 Thank Trekyrct
S. Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Great location in historic Savannah. Hotel decor was more upscale than what I expected for a HI express. Breakfast was adequate, and there was plenty of seating. The room and beds were comfortable. I called ahead to request that a crib be set up already in the room since we were arriving late and we wanted to put the baby right in bed. The request was acknowledged and the crib was waiting. All the staff I dealt with were friendly and helpful. We self-parked for $10 (one day) at the garage next door. The valet charge is automatically added to the bill, so make sure they take it off if you don't use it. We didn't have a view of the river from our room, but we went up to the rooftop and got great views there. The pool was open when we were there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank silby71
Chicago
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Finding this hotel in Savannah is a gem. The location is perfect for sightseeing. The hotel is clean and remodeled. The breakfast area is large and accomodating to all the guests. I am finding more and more as I travel that the consistency of this chain and their services, rooms, and overall cleanliness is something I can depend on. I enjoyed staying here, and I hope to again someday. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family