“Great location and value!”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #11 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed February 23, 2009

My husband and I found this hotel through Trip Advisor and were so glad we did! Excellent location, very nice, clean accommodation and very friendly service. They have free parking in a garage next door. The breakfast is average, identical to all the other Holiday Inn Express locations, but adequate and included in the room cost. It's near the Old Pink House Restaurant, a fabulous, elegant restaurant that shouldn't be missed. All the historical sights are within walking distance. I really wish we could have spent more time walking around, taking pictures of the historical houses, but didn't have the time. Also walked down in the morning to Paula Deen's famous restaurant, The Lady & Sons and got on the list for dinner (don't miss this, either!). We went on to Charleston, but really liked Savannah so much better!

3  Thank mitchm60

Reviewed February 15, 2009

We loved this hotel. The location couldn't be beat, the service was outstanding, the room was comfy and clean and the view from the 5th floor was lovely. Feeling slightly stressed from a very long drive, I pulled into the small driveway trying to figure out where to park, the valet came right over, told me where to put the car for check in and made me feel immediately at ease. We were greated as we walked toward the front desk by Jaymal (sp?) who was wonderful, friendly, the epitome of southern hospitality. Our room had a great view of the river, the bathroom was spacious with a very upscale shower, vanity and fixtures. The location couldn't have been better. We didn't get into the car again until we checked out the next day. We walked on the river, took the free ferry and saw a nice sampling of squares, had dinner, lunch and drinks all within a nice walking range. I would absolutely stay in this hotel again!!

2  Thank ejboldt
Reviewed February 11, 2009

We usually don't stay in the Holiday Inn (Express or regular) so this was a gamble for us. Luckily it paid off. Hotel was like new, rooms were nice and spacious, we had a room on the 6th floor (614) overlooking the Savannah River and riverwalk. Staff was helpful and the location is great and is central to most anything. The breakfast was the only thing I would say is just OK although it is better than your traditional continental breakfast. In addition to your ordinary cereal, breads, bagels HIE did offer eggs, bacon, and sausage of the processed variety. Overall we had a great stay and will consider Holiday Inn in our other travels.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Zooga
Reviewed January 28, 2009

The staff at the Holiday Inn express was so friendly, we were greeted each time we walked in. Everything we needed or asked for was taken care of in a timely manner (extra towels, blanket, taxi called, etc) In an excellent location just across from river street and easy access to city market. Very clean accommodations. Internet connection a little slow, but we didn't need to be on it very much, only for looking up restaurants. Would definitely return again!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ens982
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We (myself, my wife, her sister, her brother and his wife) had originally flown from LAX to Washington DC for the Inaguaration, but due to a family emergency we had to immediately drive to Miami. We did it in one day, but it was tiring and stressful. On the way back, we decided to find a place to stay overnight at the "halfway point".

That place turned out to be the Holiday Inn Express. We got there at around 4 AM, and checked in. Rooms were spacious and clean, and the staff was very helpful. The small refrigerators and microwaves in each room would be handy for a longer stay....

We awoke rested and ready to travel again, but not before walking around the waterfront, enjoying its restaurants and gift shops.

I highly recommend this hotel, and Savannah in general. This experience left us wanting to return someday.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2009

I took a group of 50 women to Savannah for a "Sister's Weekend" trip. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in the Historic District. My group thought that the rooms were great, the staff was fantastic, and supplied us with not only the warmth of the south , but true hospitallity. I would recommend this location to anyone that plans on staying in Savannah!! Great place, safe place and clean place!!

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 10, 2009

My husband, dad, stepmom, & I stayed here for the weekend of my birthday. I booked it from the reviews I saw here on TripAdvisor. The price I got the room for was great for being right in the middle of the Historic District. The room & hotel itself was very clean & more elegant than I expected a Holiday Inn Express to be. The bathroom was super clean & shiny with a fantastic shower head. The location is right in the heart of the historic district just 1 block away from River St., 3 blocks from Paula Deen's restaurant The Lady & Sons (You must eat there!) & about 2 blocks from Broughton St. The front desk workers were very helpful & courteous. The free breakfast was great! The only problem I had was that the housekeeper forgot to give us towels when she cleaned the room, but we called the front desk & they sent towels right away. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family