“Beat location”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District
Ranked #11 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location. Just a walk across Bay Street and down the steps to River street, and you'll find yourself right in the center of all River Street has to offer. It's also a nice, short walk to City Market. The valet attendants are super nice and try to get your car to you as soon as possible. We needed something out of our car one day. The guy went and got it for me so I wouldn't have to walk to it! The hotel is nice, clean, and comfortable. The beds were good too. I love really soft beds. These weren't, but they weren't too hard either. We slept great. Bay Street is right outside one side of the hotel, and it can be quite noisy. I'm a light sleeper, and once I went to sleep, it didn't really bother me. They have a pool on the top deck as well as a view of the river. Unfortunately, we never made it up there. My husband said the breakfast was really good, but I didn't get up early enough to eat. They kept lemon lime water in the front lobby during the day, which was nice after coming in from being in the heat all day. They also had fresh apples throughout the day. Concierge was helpful as well. My husband was at a conference, so they let us have a late checkout on our last day with no hassle. Great service all around!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jamie N
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thanks for the amazing compliment of the hotel and staff, please come again!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District

Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a good spot for going out and about in Savannah. It is close to the water without the waterfront prices. There is a bar at the bottom of the hotel, which is nice. My room was nice, very quiet, and with blackout blinds which is nice. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thanks for the awesome review, please come again.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on 7/14/14 for one night. We had never been to Savannah before and wanted to stay somewhere close to the historic district. This hotel is in a great location. Very near River Street and close to many attractions and restaurants. One neat thing to take advantage of is to go up to the pool which is located on the roof. There you will get a fantastic view of the city. There was a wonderful selection of food for breakfast. Would not hesitate staying there again if I ever am back in Savannah.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Smert4
Hope G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thanks for your the great compliment and valuable feedback, we will be looking forward to your return. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Despite being the height of tourist season and being located in the key tourist area, we found the hotel very quiet - no disturbances at night. The room was clean and well-appointed. The staff was very helpful. I was traveling g with my elderly mother-in-law and my young daughter, so having a bellman to help me with luggage was an unexpected relief! Free breakfast buffet was a plus. The recommendation the concierge made for us to eat at Corleone's was fantastic and a perfect fit for us.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rain R

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I'm happy to hear the accommodations were enjoyable for you and your family, please come again.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

cost effective with one of the best locations of all of the hotels in Savannah. Situated directly on the River Walk, the Holiday Inn Express has good sized, clean rooms. The hotel also has a beautiful rooftop pool with a stunning view of the River front, away from the hustle and bustle of the foot traffic on the street below. Don't forget to pop up to the roof, it's worth the trip. Savannah is well known for it's culinary skills, many of the most well known restaurants are within walking distance of this hotel.

Room Tip: If you need more sleeping room, the rooms are large enough to handle a good sized , comfortable, rol...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for your valuable feedback, please come again!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel while in Savannah. It was in the heart of everything. We could walk across the street to Riverstreet and other venues. It was clean, comfortable and updated and it had a really nice breakfast area. The ladies at the front desk were really nice and helpful, so was the concierge. The hotel was quite busy and the elevator stopped working several times while we were there, so there was a long wait getting to our room. It was no big deal, we were on vacation and not in a hurry. It was just a little headache when checking out and having to wait really long for an elevator to become available. There was also a major water leak in the hotel, but good thing it didn't effect us. We especially enjoyed the rooftop pool and workout room, it was wonderful. The one thing I would change in the rooms is to remove the coffee pot and cups from the bathroom. No one wants to drink coffee after bathrooms fumes have settled on it. It might be a good idea to place the coffee pot/cups near the TV or on the table in the room. Also, rearranging the breakfast area might be a good idea. The line was too long to get breakfast. Possibly adding dual access/two lines to get eggs, biscuits and sausage, etc. The breakfast area was very clean and the staff were very professional.

Room Tip: The rooms were updated, very clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for the valuable feedback, and you have a very valid point about the placement of the coffee pots, I will definitely take that into consideration. I'm happy that with the delayed elevators it did not affect you much and you overall enjoyed your stay with us. We will be looking forward to your return in the near future. Have an awesome day!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I got in very late the first night due to plane delays from lightning. I was tired and hungry. Maya Johnson was so helpful, pleasant and just plain wonderful. She sent me to the best eatery which was very close to the hotel.
The last day of my trip, I had the pleasure of speaking with both Maya and Santiana Lewis. The conversation was delightful and I lost track of time! You have wonderful young people who take great care of your guests. Please remunerate them accordingly, these 2 young ladies are valuable assets to your business. I will be back to stay again.

It was great to explore right out the front door of the hotel and see the Riverfront. Savannah is amazing with much to offer travellers. I highly recommend Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Thanks for the amazing compliments extended to both Maya and Santiana, they are truly amazing girls and I'm lucky to have them! I am more excited to hear how welcoming and accommodating they were to you and because of the great service, you have planned to revisit us in the future; that's amazing. I will let the girls know of the great job they are doing! You rock!