New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District

Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District
Ranked #12 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Miami Fl
“Make sure to request room on upper floors and facing river !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel and even though I love the location there are a few things you should know . I forgot to request am upper floor facing the river and it makes a big difference . The room I got was facing the parking garage ! I got it changed but on second floor on busy street. Also the wireless is horrible I am using my service provider because their wireless is not sufficient for the number of people using it !

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank turly
Alfonce M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you coming back to visit and we sorry the second visit wasn't as great as the first. We look to make every experience great. We will get the internet service looked at to make sure our future guest are not disappointed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The property is in a perfect location for easy access to all the sights we wanted to visit. The staff was extremely helpful & professional. There was complimentary cold water bottles after a day of sightseeing & ponchos for rain that caught us off guard.

The rooms were spacious with great bathrooms that 3 ladies on a girls week could share adequately. Also liked the fact that this was a fairly new property.

Will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank dianag1201
WOW!! I am glad we were able to impress you and make your stay great. We look forward to making to every guest happy with their accommodations. We hope to see you in the future.
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel is in a great location if you want to tour the historic district of Savannah which was our intention. We stayed two days in June 2013 and was pleased with the overall experience of the hotel. A couple of items that were on the downside. The shower curtain had mold on it. The room was very clean when we checked in but housekeeping did a poor job when they cleaned the room after our first night. They basically emptied the trash and made the beds. Coffee pot was not cleaned and bathroom was not cleaned. The hot tub was also not hot until a maintenance man turned up the heat. Plus the water in the hot tub was not very clean, pretty green. Other than that, the food, overall appearance of the room and common areas were clean and nice. Ask for a room with a river view. We didn't know and had a view of the parking deck next door.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DannoE
Thank you for choosing our hotel and we are very sorry for the less than satisfactory accommodations you received. This is not of the norm and we are embarrassed that this is the type of service you were given. We will definitely look into this and make the necessary adjustments to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you for your review and making us aware of this opportunity.
Johnson City, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Good: Shavon was great at the front desk.
Location is close to the Old Pink House and river street.
The view from the eighth floor was nice. The higher you are also the quieter it gets.
Big glass shower
Parking next door.
The Average. Breakfast is what you expect at a HIE. Nothing great.
The bad: The shower door had lots of hard water stains. Needed a good cleaning.
The room could have been cleaner. tissue left behind the nightstand. Thought it was cleaner overall last year.
Room was looking worn and dated for the $$$ you pay to stay at this location.

Room Tip: Get a higher room if you want a view or are a light sleeper. Also cheaper to self park. Its where yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rex S
Thank you for your constructive critiques! It is because of guests like you that we are able to continually build our brand and grow within the company. We are glad that you entrusted your stay with us on two occasions and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have been to Savannah several times and have always stayed in locally owned hotels. This time (against my boyfriend's better judgement) we decided to try the holiday inn express mainly due to its great reviews and location. When we arrived we were very impressed. Friendly people, nice rooms and pool and the location was exactly what we wanted. Overall I would say that our accommodations were excellent, although the hotel staff didn't change our sheets the first night.

We left after our 3 night stay and I realized that I left my flat iron and my face wash in the hotel room when I got home so I immediately called the hotel and was told that it was too late today for them to look for it so I had to call back the next morning when housekeeping was there. I called at 8:30 am the next morning and had to leave a message for housekeeping. At 1:30 pm I still hadn't received a call back so I called again and spoke with the manager and was told I would receive a call back soon. As of 4:30 pm I still hadn't received any phone calls about my missing items... So I called again and this time the manager finally called back and said my items weren't in the hotel room. I know for a fact that I left them there... So now my $100 flat iron magically disappeared along with my face wash. I was very disappointed with the way hotel management handled the situation and will most likely not be staying there again.

Like I said, very nice rooms and clean but if I were you I would just be careful where you put your valuables when you stay there and DON'T expect to get your lost items back if you forget them when you check out.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Hlisa123
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Hlisa123,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We are sorry to know of your disappointment with the way our management handled your concerns. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for review. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel was great. I had a room with a beautiful river view. The hotel is conveniently located, in the historic area of Savannah. The hotel was new, the room was clean and quiet. Parking was city parking next door in a garage, not onsite.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Port Washington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I couldn't have been happier with choosing this hotel!! Two friends and myself went on a 5 night getaway the middle of April 2013. When orginally booking it I thought the price was a little high but I liked the location. It was worth every dime we paid. Location, location. location. The staff was amazing from check in to check out. Always smiling and asking how we were doing or if we needed anything. We did have a couple problems that were addressed very promptly. Everyone is correct about the internet connection but a call to the front desk and a few minutes later they had delivered an ethernet cable. One night the hot tub was way to hot. Again one call to the front desk and there was someone up there checking & correcting the problem. The breakfast for us was amazing and everything was always hot & plentiful. Roof top pool & hot tub great. The beds were the most comfortable things we've slept in, in a long time. Our room & closet were a little small for 3 women but we made do and were on the go all day anyway. Everything always very clean. Our last day at breakfast we asked for a later check out with no problem. We also asked for them to call us a cab for the aiport which they did and was very much on time. Again - amazing stay from easy check in to easy check out with a very friendly staff. True southern hospitality at the Holiday Inn Express and in Savannah in general. Loved the city.

Room Tip: On the sixth floor on the Bay St. side and road noise was not a problem for us.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends