“We recommend this hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #11 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Well kept, well-designed rooms, lovely public areas, and it is in a great location. Can walk everywhere from this hotel or catch the free shuttle nearby. Parking garage right next door. The rooftop area is such a nice feature. We will return, enjoyed our stay here immensely.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and was thoroughly impressed. It is a little boutique-y hotel in the heart of the historic district. Everything was top notch, from the front desk staff to the room and its accommodations. I actually had to stay later than I had planned and they were so accommodating in letting me keep the room a little longer. Breakfast was delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were in Savannah for a short stay and chose the Holiday Inn Historic District and we couldn't have been happier. We arrived late the first night and were greeted by Mehmet who had a big smile on his face, welcomed us and spent several minutes helping us with luggage, explaining where things were around town and was just so helpful. The valet fee at the hotel is very reasonable, so we just let them park the car and didn't mess with it our entire stay. You can walk to everything around the Historic District.

Check-in was a breeze and again the staff was so helpful. The restaurant bar area was closed but the front desk staff directed us to a bar around the corner, Isaac's and it was great also.

Our room was immaculately clean, well stocked and very comfortable. We had a view out the front and could see the river which was great.

The River Front area is right across the street and all sights are easily walkable. Loved Savannah and we will be back to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Historic District.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room off of Bay Street. The traffic noise can...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beetrvln
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I called this hotel in the middle of the night shopping around for an upcoming vacation. I spoke with a girl name maleaka. She spoke so highly of the hotel and the different things that are within walking distance of the hotel that she sold me. I love the fact that she patiently answered all of my questions and seemed to really care about my concerns. I don't know if it was just southern charm, but the customer service was wonderful. I can't wait to meet her!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Perfect choice for touring the historical district! Close to food, entertainment & shopping! Staff very helpful. Has "free" breakfast. Would stay here again! I would have liked for the hotel to have room service for late night sandwiches or snacks. Overall, this was a great experience for my husband, sister-in-law, & me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Perfect location with a view of the river . The room was clean and nice , bed comfortable too .Rooftop pool was pleasant and good views from there too . Just a short walk to the riverfront area with restaurants and shops and the other way a short walk to the city centre with all it has to offer . There was a nice bar and breakfast area . Valet car parking convenient but extra . Good place to stay .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am a hotel shopper. I like to have it all: clean, convenient, friendly, affordable... This is one of my best finds. Stop shopping and stay here. No need for a car. Breakfast provided each morning. Visit Becki in the bar; she is an asset in every way. Can't beat this hotel for location. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends